“Great place!”

Country Acres Motel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Sandwich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This is a great place to stay in Sandwich. The rooms are clean and comfortable and in a quiet area. There is coffee, juice and muffins in the morning and a pool and/or gazebo to relax by. It is close to everything and best yet the price is reasonable. My family stays here whenever we go to the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My fiancé and I traveled to Sandwich MA in August for a wedding. I had never been before (to Sandwich or Cape Cod) and didn't realize so much of it is B&Bs and motels (if not all of it)! I have to be honest and say I have never stayed in a motel before - I usually have bad impressions of them. And I have to say, the Country Acres Motel was exactly what my fiancé and I needed!

We arrived on a Friday before check in and the owner Becky was extremely friendly and polite and we actually were able to be let in early! She gave us information on the motel and even the surrounding area as we were newbies to the whole Cape Cod scene.

The motel has a light continental breakfast in the lobby (we never went to it and I don't remember what she said was included - I think pastries and coffee/juice) and it also has a pool. We didn't use the pool at all but it appeared to be in good condition.

The room we stayed in was very clean and had no odd odors. Once again, as I was unfamiliar with Cape Cod, I thought it was a tad small. But then as we were touring the area, we realized that the "Cape Cod Cottage" is extremely popular - and they are very small! So after knowing that, it made sense that our room wasn't the largest. It was good though - the bed was comfortable, they had a mini fridge, AC units, nice flat screen TV, an iron. The only negatives I would say would be bathroom related. Ladies - the shower is SMALL. There is no way you could shave your legs in it - you had to stand outside the shower and put a leg in. Also the towels were tiny - my fiancé and I are pretty tall and didn't cover up much of our bodies. We made due with the ones we had in the room, although I am sure they would have provided us extra had we asked.

The rates were very fair and all in all it was a great experience. If we are ever in Cape Cod again, or at least the Sandwich area of Cape Cod, we will definitely be coming back to stay at the Country Acres Motel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kaitw22
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Country acres is located in Sandwich and within minutes you can be anywhere you want. We have 3 young children and they had a blast playing at the motel in the pool and the yard with the gazebo during down time. The price was excellent and you can expect freshly baked muffins, coffee and juice every morning. The rooms were very clean and fresh towels are available upon request. We will most definitely make Country Acres the place we stay on our next trip to the cape.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Very helpful and kind owners. A slight bit old-fashioned place, which does have it's charms...
We had a good night sleep on our way, passing through town.
Great coffee and breakfast at Cafe Chew in town!
It was nice to see the children helping clean up in the morning; it is nice to support family-run businesses.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tricia_and_Bob
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed here with my family. Rooms were booked in March and we were given a rate of $400 for the week. Cheap for peak time! We arrived and we were told that it would be almost $500 plus taxes bc we were given spring rates. First not our problem they quoted wrong. They did honor it after we bickered a bit. A friend of mine from Rhode island came for a visit. Didn't stay over night just a few hours. My other aunt checked in a few days later and was told that her rate would be higher too!! Are you kidding. They acted like we were lying when we told them how many ppl were in our rooms. "Well with all the extra cars we didn't know how many were staying in each room" First there's no need for the attitude. The owner stated that her husband handles all this and he would come hash out the room rate for my aunt later. Other than the attitude and the issue with the room rates it has been a great stay. Rooms are clean and comfy. Close to stores and shops.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This was just a charming and delightful motel with lots of nostalgic touches. I booked here for 1 night with friends and we all enjoyed staying here. The owners were friendly when I checked in and was given the room keys for our respective rooms. Although it was just off the main road on Cape Cod it was very quiet with no traffic noise.

Staying here I felt as though I had stepped back in time. The room reminded me of old fashioned motels before somehow the newer ones became more impersonal and very generic. The room was very clean and had a tv, microwave and a small refrigerator and there was a desk with a chair. The bed with its old fashioned quilt was very comfortable and cozy. In the morning in the office they had coffee, tea and muffins and when we checked out they suggested a few places for breakfast before we left the Cape.

They have Adirondack chairs on a very spacious lawns where there is a gazebo for sitting. One very nice touch is hanging flower baskets adjacent to the doors of the motel rooms.

Not only was it fun to stay here but it was one of the very best budge places to stay on the Cape and my friends and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2013

looked for an affordable one night stay this hotel altho the old style motels was very pleasant and exceptionally clean the grounds offered much batting cage pool and gazebo with grille would stay again as it was extremely clean and serviceable

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandwich
Spring Garden Inn Motel
#1 of 3 in East Sandwich
Herring Run Motel
Herring Run Motel
#2 of 5 in Buzzards Bay

Been to Country Acres Motel? Share your experiences!