“Great view but food just ok”
Review of Hemisphere - CLOSED

Hemisphere
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Great view but food just ok”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I attended a function at Hemisphere and the view of the canal and the ocean was superb. The food was OK but for the price I felt it could have been much better than it was. I understand that food at functions are sometimes very different than in the restaurant but because of this experience I would not go back to the restaurant.

• Visited July 2013

“Closed”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Hemisphere has been sold to the previous owner ('Horizons'). Not sure if/when it will reopen. There is still a FOR SALE sign in the front window.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank tnecker
boston, ma
“Run, Don't walk away!!”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

If oyiu want the best view on the cape, this may be oyur place. If oyu want anything else, run! service is equaled on by the worst food!

It is a crime, becuase this place should be one of the best on the Cape, and as most locals will tell you, it is truly awful.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank jdcBoston_Ma
cotuit
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“5 months to get together a reception”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My daughter and her fiancée decided to go before a JP in April 2013. But because of their jobs and family far away we were not able to think about hosting a reception until Sept. Add in that they wanted it near the water, in a casual, pretty and not at all fussy place. I started on the phone and on the computer with not much hope, until Hemispheres. Turned out they could accommodate us on Saturday, September 14th, from 12-4. PERFECT!!! We went to see the Cape Cod Room, and stayed for lunch, we were pleased with our meals and loved the room. We selected the Cape Cod Bar B Q and asked if they could make veggie burgers for our vegetarian guests and not put sauces, only spices on the ribs and chicken for our gluten free guests, they only did this but held the meals separate to be sure these guests got their meals. We heard for days afterwards how much everyone enjoyed the view, being able to go down to the beach, the buffet, the food, the chowder was a big hit and no one went hungry. I was so pleased with everyone I met and found everyone very helpful to someone who wanted to give their kids and family a great time. They even made sure there where hot dogs and hamburgers enough for the children we had there. I would use this venue again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Diane R
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I used to love this place, but things have changed for the worse. My last two visits were very forgettable....fish dinner instead of fish sandwich, shrimp taco filled with calamari instead of shrimp, 90 minute wait for food, draft beer pint served with about 1/2" unfilled at the top of the glass, etc. As a semi-regular, I used to know many of the people working there. Now I recognize no one. Too bad. They could do so much with this place, but the owners seem to not care at all. Folks from the neighborhood now talk down about this place. I'm listening.

• Visited August 2013