We stayed here for two nights Inbetween our visits to Boston & New York and were hoping for a quiet, comfortable break from the city bustle. We certainly got the first - I've never been to a place where so little is going on! Unfortunately, the comfortable bit didn't materialise. Our room in the Village annex was tiny to the point of being claustrophobic with the most uncomfortable bed I've slept on in years. Why it had two mattresses AND a mattress topper on I've no idea but it only served to make the whole thing too high and too lumpy. Combined with the option of either being too hot or kept awake by the thunderous A/C, we did not sleep well on either night. The bathroom was similarly small and poorly appointed, with dodgy electrics and an extractor fan that's not seen a duster in months by the look of it. All in all, the accommodation was very poor.
One redeeming feature was the breakfast though, which was of a good quality served by friendly efficient staff. We enjoyed this on both mornings as a great start to the day.
Breakfast aside, we were really disappointed with our stay at The Belfry. Having visited other places on the Cape, we would stay in Plymouth or Falmouth next time - a better choice of hotel with more going on.
It was notable that throughout our stay we encountered our host several times but not once did he ask how our stay was. Perhaps he knew. Either way, we contemplated having a moan on checkout but to be honest, we couldn't be bothered as it wouldn't have changed things.
We're always happy to recommend places on TA if we've had a good experience. Sadly on this occasion we are unable to do that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Cod’s jewel, a small boutique Inn, set in the center of Sandwich Village, is an architectural masterpiece; the Abbey, (ca.1901) a former church with six guest suites above the Bistro. Imaginative interiors, soaring space, stain glass windows. Offering a host of amenities, decks, whirlpools for two and fireplaces. Full gourmet breakfast. Offering hospitality year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Belfry Inn and Bistro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belfry Inne And Bistro Hotel Sandwich
- Belfry Inn And Bistro Sandwich, MA - Cape Cod