Belfry Inn and Bistro
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Earl of Sandwich Motel(East Sandwich)
View Hotel
Scenic View Motel(Buzzards Bay)
Jasper's Motel(Buzzards Bay)
View Hotel
Herring Run Motel(Buzzards Bay)
Quality Inn(Bourne)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe painted ladystained glassold churchconverted churchtuesday roomclam chowderpiano playerjacuzzi bathscallopsbelgian wafflescape codduckgorgeous roomprivate balconyboth morningsnew englandguest rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My husband and I were made to feel very welcomed the minute we walked through the Belfry door. Very personal service. Our room was lovely with a very cozy and comfortable bed. We had a fireplace and a Jacuzzi to add to our experience. In the morning, we were warmly greeted by Lynn at breakfast. Breakfast is provided and the selections are varied and delicious. The Belfry, a former Catholic Church, has been remodeled as a restaurant with six suites for guests. It has been remodeled using many of the salvaged pieces of the church; i.e., the pews are now headboards for some beds. The stained glass windows have been used to accent the rooms. The Tuesday Room is especially beautiful. My husband enjoyed speaking with the owner about the engineering of the project.
We also dined two nights in the restaurant. Service was excellent and the service unhurried. We lingered over cocktails, watch out for their Cosmos, and appetizers. My husband and I both agree that dinner, filet mignon and short ribs, was one of the top three we have experienced.
We enjoyed our stay and will certainly return.

Room Tip: Look at the website for the Belfry. Choose a room that suits your personality. Each room is unique. There are three buildings to choose from. If you choose The Belfry, please remember it is a restaurant also.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I was so excited to stay in the "Tuesday" Room at The Belfry for my birthday in late November over Thanksgiving weekend. Everything about the inn was amazing, including the comfortable bed, the cozy fireplace, and the amazing bathtub (which even has colorful lights)! My fiancee and I were impressed by the generous breakfast selections included in the room rate, with something for everyone (french toast, waffles, omelets, scrambles, oatmeal, etc.). We also dined at the restaurant for my birthday dinner which was also so tasty. Highly recommended! A stay here is worth your money, I never wanted to leave!

Room Tip: The Tuesday Room is stunning!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The Belfrey Inne has 3 main buildings and we stayed for two nights in the Painted Lady building, which was beautiful, clean and had an in room jacuzzi which was excellent (though note, due to the fact you had to clamber in, the jacuzzi was probably not suitable for travellers in their older years). The staff we met when we arrived were very friendly and helpful. We ate both nights in the restaurant (in the main building which used to be a Catholic Church and which still has stained glass windows), and the food was of very good quality. First night, I had cod in Cape Cod - and second night I had a sandwich in Sandwich! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed at the Belfrey on 24/10 and 25/10 - the stay was absolutely faultness with the staff/room/food all of a high quality - we had breakfast both days and ate there on the first night - all meals were first class and when we drank in the bar on our second night the restaurant was full which in these austere times tells you something about the appeal of the Belfrey
When checking out I used the wrong Credit Card and when I went back to change the details I was told that it could be done but that the card companies would 2charge" which meant that it was not worthwhile - when I arrived home the Belfrey had credited the "charge" to my credit card - very impressive service - if you are visiting this part of America then book the Belfrey as you will not be disappointed

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Belfry is a former Roman Catholic Church that has been sympathetically converted into a hotel/inn/restaurant by the current owner/innkeeper. What a job he did! It's a stunning piece of work with guest rooms running off a gallery balcony above the cavernous restaurant. We stayed next door, out of season, in the old rectory, now called Painted Lady. I note that previous reviewers have complained about staying here but our tour plan, booked through a third party, made it clear that our room was in Painted Lady. The room was large enough with a massive whirlpool bath, lovely easy chairs and comfortable bathroom. It makes a pleasant change to have 2 comfortable chairs in a hotel room! The windows & doors rattled quite noisily on a windy second night, the mattress was quite uncomfortable and the heating (big old-fashioned radiators) lacked timely heat control but overall the facilities were fine. The bistro served good food, both at breakfast and in the evening. The hotel runs wine tasting evenings on Wednesdays for a limited season in the fall/early winter and the first one of the season coincided with our stay. We declined to offer to take part, in retrospect this was a mistake as it looked quite fun as we caught the tail end of it when arriving for dinner.
A superb base to explore Cape Cod.
Overall a good stay in a well run conversion. Thank you.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple