First let me say that we wondered how reviews differed so much from on review to another. Then we went and it became clear that the food at the Belfry is at a level of quality that is sometimes misunderstood. .This restaurant is like no other on Cape Cod. This 1900 old church now restaurant has a stunning dining room with 50 ft ceiling, stain glass windows every where, well spaced table dress in white cloths, lots of carved oak, a fire place and a bar " Alter height" (two steps up) with an oak bar and high tops. There is music from a baby grand softly playing. The service is welcoming and prompt. Most of the staff has been here for some years and it shows. They know how to please.
The food is not the average offerings found through out the Cape. The drinks a well made, their wine list is tops; There are offerings such as FOIE GRAS; Which we loved. Crispy Oyster Sliders on brioche that we really enjoyed; And a caesar salad which we thought was one of the best we have had in years.
For our main course I had Braised Short Ribs which took only my fork to break the apart. So rich with just the right amount of seasoning. We also ordered an amazing Spring Lamb Loin that was one of the best meals we EVER have eaten. We really enjoyed their house made desserts. Their version of molten Chocolate cake was the best. Coffee was hot and bold. With the Food and service offered at the Belfry and the amazing dining room we insist this is a TOP 5 CONTENDER on Cape Cod. They also have Sunday brunch which we plan on trying; I'll post our review when we go. They offer lunch which we saw a menu and its very nice, well priced and they have a beautiful patio. The rooms/ suites are like no other on Cape Cod. The location is just great. And the Inn keeper Chris is so welcoming and knows what customer service is all about. His house keeping staff follows his direction very well. Great Job too all !! Thanks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Cod’s jewel, a small boutique Inn, set in the center of Sandwich Village, is an architectural masterpiece; the Abbey, (ca.1901) a former church with six guest suites above the Bistro. Imaginative interiors, soaring space, stain glass windows. Offering a host of amenities, decks, whirlpools for two and fireplaces. Full gourmet breakfast. Offering hospitality year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Belfry Inn and Bistro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belfry Inne And Bistro Hotel Sandwich
- Belfry Inn And Bistro Sandwich, MA - Cape Cod