The Belfry is a very quiet and relaxing place to stay, a bit too quiet for us though. We really liked the Inne and the staff were excellent, Chris Wilson (he must have roots in Paisley Scotland) was a very welcoming buddie. The food was great if a little over the top. Sandwich itself is a prim little town, white picket fences are very much in evidence. You can walk the tree lined streets and can be transported back to a previous more ellegant and graceful era, the inne was clean if a bit dated but was in keeping with the buildings and the town itself. A great idea to convert a church (pun intended) into a unique hotel. Lovely. We only had one adverse comment and that was about the town itself rather than the hotel, it just too quiet for a 7 day stay so we left after 6. Cape cod is beautiful though, we thouroghly enjoyed Provincetown and Hyannis which on reflection would have been better bases to explore the cape.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Cod’s jewel, a small boutique Inn, set in the center of Sandwich Village, is an architectural masterpiece; the Abbey, (ca.1901) a former church with six guest suites above the Bistro. Imaginative interiors, soaring space, stain glass windows. Offering a host of amenities, decks, whirlpools for two and fireplaces. Full gourmet breakfast. Offering hospitality year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belfry Inn and Bistro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belfry Inne And Bistro Hotel Sandwich
- Belfry Inn And Bistro Sandwich, MA - Cape Cod