Sandwich Lodge & Resort
Country Acres Motel(Sandwich)(Great Value!)
US$98
Spring Garden Inn Motel(East Sandwich)(Great Value!)
US$87
QualityInn
Rosewood Motel(East Wareham)
US$87
TripAdvisor
Earl of Sandwich Motel(East Sandwich)
TripAdvisor
Bay Motor Inn(Buzzards Bay)
All reviewsindoor poolcontinental breakfastbagelsrestaurant next doorbritish beer companyhot tubcape codping pongroom doordirectly across the streetstop and shopnice roomgreat poolcleaning staffpleasant stayfamily reuniondefinitely stay here again
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband and I booked 6 nights there after being displaced from our home on CC after a house fire. We arrived at 9PM with no place else to go. Our room was dirty, musty, moldy. The bed linens were GROSS to say the least...We slept in our clothes on top of the bed.......I woke the next am covered in bug bites.......needless to say we couldn't exit the dump fast enough.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 568Lynn
Rita P, Manager at Sandwich Lodge & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

I am very shocked to see a review from you after my staff went above and beyond to help you find a room with a dog at our establishment on a very busy weekend here in Cape Cod. You had booked for 6 nights upon check in but told me the next morning that the insurance company had not paid you for room rental and asked that I consider the cancellation policy and to let you leave due to you not having any cash. Due to you being a fire victim I decided to let you leave without a penalty. Thank you for posting!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Envision a 60's motel - drive up and park at your room's door, open the door and see a room that looks like it truly is the 60's. Carpet appears to be that old (do not let children play on it and always wear shoes), a eclectic assortment of furniture appears to have been assembled from several used hotel furniture sales. To say the the room has a musty odor is an all time understatement. Must admit that the bathroom appeared to have been recently renovated and the mattress was comfortable. Be careful about their reservation policy - a week's notice for cancellation. Best part was when I asked the front desk person what happened if I checked out and they subsequently rented the room, was told that I would still be charged and they would also charge the subsequent occupant. Something seems illegal about this, but if not it certainly is unethical. On top of that we were paying a premium rate of approximately $125. Next night was at a Homewood Suites for $99 and it truly was like the Ritz after this experience. Bottom line - go elsewhere. Other members of our party indicated similar room conditions, so don't let the owner try to make you believe this was just a "bad room" that night.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
1  Thank Jim P

This is a review posted by the same party from the previous reviewer. We are reputable business in Cape Cod MA and have been for years. The same response replies to this review as well.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I recently stayed here while attending a wedding on the Cape. By far the worst hotel experience in my life! The rooms are musty, extremely outdated, linens were torn, cigarette burns in the bedding in a non smoking room, 20+ year old tv, furniture must have been acquired from a Hilton remodel because the armoire had the Hilton logo on it, air was either hot or freezing, the carpet was completely disgusting, no closet just a open rack with 4 hangers, iron was so coated with gunk that it ruined my pants, curtains didn't close all the way. Our plans changed and we tried to cancel one day of our reservation several days prior to arriving and they would not cancel, the only hotel I have ever come across that has a 7 day prior cancellation policy, completely shady business! Our party occupied numerous rooms in the hotel and all had the same if not worse complaints.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
5  Thank stacyid
Rita P, Manager at Sandwich Lodge & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

I am sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory stay with us at the Lodge via Tripadvisor. None of your complaints were brought to the attention of my staff that we could have tried to rectified or mentioned at check out. We do have several types of rooms at the Lodge and other options would have been offered had we been made aware of your complaints. I know that you were very disappointed with our change and cancellation policy, this was mentioned to you at the time of reservation and in an email confirmation that was sent to you after your reservation was made.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I was travelling further on Cape and stopped here for one night. My room was very spacious and clean. It had a small kitchenette. No microwave or coffee maker though. Fridge and sink with disposable dishes and utensils. They serve a continental breakfast. They have TWO pools and they are a short drive to several local beaches. Located close to a grocery store, ice cream shops and restaurants. The king bed was comfy and the hotel was quiet overnight. I will definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your review. We hope to offer our hospitality to you again in the future. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Fast and easy check in, room was clean and AC work well. The King size bed in room 200 was a little more firm then I would have liked but I still slept well. Room was large, maybe some wasted space, and has a mini fridge and sink. Continental breakfast was okay, wish they had a waffle maker because you can only eat toast, cereal and bagels so many mornings in a row…but it was free so I’m not complaining. Indoor pool was warm and clean; hot tub wasn’t very hot and had a lot of bubbles (not sure why I have never seen this before). We didn’t use the outdoor pool, but it looked clean as well. Staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.

1  Thank c_lynn129
Rita P, Manager at Sandwich Lodge & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hope to offer our hospitality to you again in the future.