“perfect budget option”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Sandwich
Michigan
“perfect budget option”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The room was huge, clean, and comfortable. For the Cape, it was a bargain. The game room was a bit dated and that was what made it fun. My daughter and I enjoyed playing old school pinball as we had both done as children. The continental breakfast room was clean and included fresh fruit, bagels, cereals, and decent coffee. If you want to pay double the price, you could probably find a more updated space, but if you're concerned about location, cleanliness, and comfort, this is your spot.

Sandwich is a lovely town with lots to do. If you've only spent time on the outer areas of the Cape, like P'town and Wellfleet, as I always have done, Sandwich is worth a stop. It has an entirely different feel. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the glass museum.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank engphile
Rita P, Manager at Sandwich Lodge & Resort, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We hope to offer our hospitality to you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Yorktown Heights, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was happy for the relatively clean room ( except nuts and m and m s which my dog gobbled up but where was the resort? An indoor pool doesn't qualify as a resort. All I saw out the door was some sort of ugly power plant. Thank god I only had a 2 night stay
Which brings me to customer service. I arrived after a 5 hr drive alone getting in around 2 last Friday. There were 2 cars in the lot. I went in to check in and was told I would have to pay an extra 10 bucks since I was too early. I could understand if they were busy. But there was no one. I had no choice to pay since I was expected to meet my son at 230. It was poor customer service. It is also not very pet friendly. I came to the office door with my dog and the woman on the phone had a fit and then proceeded to make me wait so long for a question I had which would be a yes or no so I just walked away. I just did not get a very good feeling here. It has a lot to be desired and it screams for a major overhaul including the staff!

Room Tip: None. Try the power plant across the road
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank RoslynMann
Rita P, Manager at Sandwich Lodge & Resort, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
I am sorry to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory. You had asked to speak to me and your complaint to me was the early check-in fee, as I had explained to you at that time, the charge applies to any guest who wishes to check in before 3pm, this was on the confirmation letter that was sent to you upon making the reservation and on our website. You had indicated that you were very happy with the room as it was very clean, you had not mentioned the m & m's or any comments about my staff as per your review. The hotel is a resort as it is a place that is a popular destination for vacations or which is frequented for a particular purpose. A vacation spot or a seaside resort. As for the power plant located across the road, this was built in 1968 and part of the town, something that we have no control over.

Travellers are raving about these Sandwich hotels

Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The hotel rooms are very large. The indoor pool and hot tub were very relaxing, clean and warm. The hotel was located next to an Irish Pub that served great food with a family atmosphere. The drive to the shore is short. The only part I did not like was the wait to get across the bridge when we had to leave. Friendly staff, clean building, all amenities are as advertised. Thank you for making this a great place to come back to this year.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Unnerve
Rita P, Manager at Sandwich Lodge & Resort, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you came and visited us again this year. We hope to offer our hospitality to you again in the near future.
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We honestly spent more time on the road exploring Cape Cod and surrounding areas then we did inside the Lodge awake. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained both times we stayed here. The rooms were dated and really could have used a fresh update and some maintenance. However, for the price we paid, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the review and for staying with us again this year. We hope you will visit soon.
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 February 2014

What you see is what you get! It does accept dogs so that is a plus. It's a nice hotel to crash at for the night but not much more. There is a indoor pool and jacuzzi but it was PACKED with families drinking out of keg cups and little kiddos running amok. I'll look for a bed and breakfast next time without the dogs...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Justin H
SandwichLodge, Manager at Sandwich Lodge & Resort, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for your review. Sorry you felt that you couldn't stay more than 1 night. The hotel was busy due to February vacation so a lot of kids and families.
Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We booked into this hotel while on our road trip and were very impressed with the friendly and helpful staff. The room was very clean and comfortable, the stay was that good we booked another night to visit Cape Cod.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Peter C
SandwichLodge, General Manager at Sandwich Lodge & Resort, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank you for your review, we look forward to offering our hospitality service to you again in the future.
Broad Brook, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I ended up needing a last minute room as a place to stay and took my chances at the Sandwich Lodge. The front desk person couldn't have been nicer, I chose a pet friendly room to save a few bucks. The room was fine but cold (it was 20 degrees outside). I stopped at the office and told the clerk about the heat situation, we went back to the room together and agreed that if when I got back from dinner if the room was still cold she would move me. After a terrific dinner at the BBC (where they gave me $10 off after showing my room key) I went back to the Lodge and the room was toasty. My only complaint was that the room was too big and the TV seemed so far away. Bathroom was newly renovated and very impressive. I had breakfast plans otherwise I would have gladly stayed for some freebies.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Sue N
Rita P, Manager at Sandwich Lodge & Resort, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for your review. We hope to offer our hospitality to you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandwich
Bayside Resort Hotel
#1 of 2 in East Sandwich
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
#6 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Sandwich Lodge & Resort? Share your experiences!