“Writing retreat”

The Inn at Scituate Harbor
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Scituate
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was on a writing retreat and this Inn was provided as accommodations. Having no idea what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. The room was nice, the view was good. The continental breakfast was better than expected (strawberries!). The pool was small, but heated and nice. The location is good, walking distance from the harbour and downtown. I wasn't a huge fan of the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ali R

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great views! Right next to the harbor, boats coming and going. Very peaceful. Clean and Spacious. Easy walk to town. Great places to eat. You must try the Mill Wharf! I read some bad reviews but tried it anyway. Everything we ate was fabulous. Stay in the part you walk in to, not the upstairs. Beautiful views as you eat. Must try the Lobster Stew!!! You will be thinking about it long after you are home again!!! Its out of this world!

Room Tip: I always try to stay on the upper level or top floors and i have never had a problem. Its always qui...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank islandprincess1
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I only stayed one night this time (Monday, May 26, 2014), but I enjoyed it very much. It is tradition for my cousins and I to have to dinner at the Mill Wharf Restaurant(great lobster dinner) across the street whenever I visit from Colorado. The Inn is a perfect place to stay to visit the little shops and restaurants along the harbor and marina. They are all within walking distance. I had a beautiful view from room #37. The 3rd floor is the best because if you are a light sleeper, you may be bothered by the guests in the rooms above you, however, there is no elevator or bellman, so be prepared to carry your luggage up the stairs. Tuesday morning I had a 10:30 breakfast planned with my aunt. I was tired from the weekend and on a different time zone, so I overslept and didn't wake up until 10:10a.m. There was no way that I was going to make it to breakfast and get packed for an 11a.m. check-out. Since my room was not reserved for that night, they were gracious enough to give me a late check-out, which ended up being at 1p.m. My flight out of Logan Airport was at 3:48p.m., so it worked out perfectly. The late check-out was greatly appreciated. I will also tell you that when I stayed here last summer, my boys had a charter deep sea fishing trip with Mass Bay Guides (the best), that left at the crack of dawn. Kelly got up extra early and fixed box breakfasts for them to go, long before the regular continental breakfast was served. There are not many places that will do this. I enjoy this quaint little Inn and rest assured, I will be staying there again next June for my cousins' son's wedding.

Room Tip: The floors can be a little squeaky, so if you are a light sleeper, stay on the 3rd floor, but be pre...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I made the mistake of buying Red Sox tickets for the same weekend as graduation for all of the colleges and universities in Boston, so I could not find a hotel room in the city for less than $500. I started looking outside the city and found the Inn at Scituate Harbor. It was the off-season and the restaurant was not open, so parking was not an issue. We arrived a little early and the woman working the front desk was very nice and allowed us to check in. She also gave us a suggestion for a restaurant for lunch. Our room was on the third floor, but I had been emailed in advance to make sure it was okay. We had a wonderful view of the harbor, so it was worth the stairs. And, a little extra exercise is always welcome. The beds were comfortable and there was a little table by the window where we sat to eat breakfast we picked up in the morning from the continental breakfast. The breakfast spread put out was nice...fruit, yogurt, coffee cake, pastries, muffins, oatmeal, coffee, and tea. The only downsides were the paper thin walls and the less than clean bathroom. We were not sure if the tub had water stains or was not well cleaned.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank InLoveWithItaly2010
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have a dog so basically i have no choice of rooms. Plus a charge per night for the dog. Plus a charge for water and room cleaning. Wasted almost fourteen hundred dollars on a eighty dollar room. For the week Never again. And I'm over the inhouse bar and the music shakes the floor with the base sounds.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Tonytiger7
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Super friendly people. On weekendsTom meets you in the parking lot to make sure that hotel guests get preferred spots. Ask him about the Red Sox, he'll have the latest news. The front desk folks always smiling and open for a short chat but respect your privacy. It's not a Marriott but a perfect escape from the fancy dancy Boston hotels.
Only disappointment was the bar in the newly renovated restaraunt, no Jack Daniels whiskey. I get the Mexican theme but I only drink JD on the rocks with a twist, please.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank John P
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We wanted a place that was close to the River Club so we could go see our band we love to listen to, Clutch Grabwell. We found it close to town so we could walk around and close enough to walk to dinner and a short ride to the Club. The rooms were great and what a pretty view of the water and the sun rise refection was beautiful. They have rooms that I think you could see it but it was just as pretty. Enjoyed the restaurant bar down stairs also..it was nice that you didn't have to go outside if you didn't want to. Will come back!

Room Tip: Our room was very comfortable and quite - room 21
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scituate
Nantasket Beach Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
John Carver Inn & Spa
John Carver Inn & Spa
#6 of 9 in Plymouth

Been to The Inn at Scituate Harbor? Share your experiences!