“Very Nice Experience”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2013

It had been several years since we've dined here but a last minute change of plans brought us to this restaurant. We were all very pleased with our choice. The atmosphere is very pleasant and quiet and nicely decorated. Our meal started with pop overs. For me it was a nice change from the usual bread but some of the folks in our party didn't care for them as they were bland. My mother had the lobster bisque and she loved it...very tasty and we all shared the spring rolls, also very tasty appetizer. Each of us ordered a very different meal (either fish, red meat or chicken) and we were all very happy with our choices. Dessert was the chocolate brownie a la mode...yummy! The service was very good. Overall it was a very good experience and would recommend it to couples or families.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This perhaps the umpteenth lunch at PJ's on Friday's. As usual our table was read and our favorite waitress Debbie was on hand, we had good serice and a variety of entree's to choose from.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The food is good but to me, the best thing is that it is NOT noisy. I have had the fried oysters which were delicious, and the fisherman's platter also good but the oysters were superb. Onion rings also great. Cole slaw so-so, clams casino fair and dessert of Key Lime pie did not taste that fresh so that was disappointing. popovers were a tad overcooked . I will be back those as I can overlook the small disappointments to have a conversation with my dining partners.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

I dine every Friday with 6 other Old Goats and we get great service from Debbie and a good selection of entrees. Friendly, without being rushed , one can relax and enjoy a Long lunch.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

When I got on this site to put my review in on PJ's Country House in Scituate, MA I was surprised to read the recent reviews from other patrons and didn't understand what the problem is. My family and I went to the restaurant for a recent dinner gathering. We all found the service to be attentive, food was hot and well prepared and the surroundings was nice. Yes the wood is dark, old memorabilia, there seems to be a feeling of "reminiscing" of the "old days" but what's wrong with that? Our world is filled with fast technology and always changing. We didn't mind slowing down (for once) all together as a family and enjoying a nice meal out. It seams they are up to speed with food, price and service. We will return again.