“This is my "Hana" (heaven)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oceanside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Scituate
Oceanside Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Scituate
Concord, New Hampshire
“This is my "Hana" (heaven)”
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I LOVE the Oceanside Inn. I have stayed there a number of times over the past five years and this is the place that I go to to unwind and get away from the ratrace. There is NOTHING better than listening to the ocean and watching it from your bed. The beds are extremely comfortable - I usually stay in the Boston Light room and the bed is so comfy that I find it hard to get out of it! I love falling asleep to the sound of the ocean, walking down to the lighthouse, and finding sea glass on the beach. Honestly, I was shocked by some of the reviews that I have read here. I have always had a pleasant stay - in fact, I almost always end up staying for extra days because I just hate to leave. Scituate is a beautiful little New England town and the Oceanside Inn is my first choice for a place to stay. I love the convenience of having access to the refridgerator, the moicrowave and utensils, plates, etc. It is absolutely my favorite place in New England and I heartily disagree with the negative reviews. The Inn is clean, the balconies are safe, and I wholeheartedly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 December 2010

I went to the Oceanside Inn with family, knowing it was on the water but didn't realize the deck would go right to the seawall! The view is spectacular! The decor at the Inn is beautiful and the staff was very friendly. We stayed the weekend and enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning. I would recommend anyone to stay here at the Oceanside Inn, prices very reasonable and worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank AgnesMary
Connecticut
Reviewed 15 November 2010

We had been looking forward to spending the final night of our vacation in what was described so elegantly, and falsely, on their website. What a disappointment! When we drove up, I immediately thought we made a mistake with the address. This “inn” or “bed and breakfast” as they refer to it, was sandwiched between other properties with a small space of sand between one of them, on a small strip of rocky beach. Underneath the structure, which was elevated off the ground and open, it was littered with paint cans, pipes and tubing, a toilet, and other debris piled up. It seemed to be undergoing some type of renovation or it was being used as storage underneath. We walked up to a deck with peeling paint, and followed it around to the front entrance on the street side where we found mysterious directions to find the room key and security procedures. We entered the building into a dark, cluttered office area leading to a sitting room, dining area and small kitchen. We followed the steep, dark stairway up to our room. The small bedroom was far from “spacious” and the “panoramic view” consisted of a sliding door to the “balcony” and a window on another wall mostly facing the property next door with a partial view of the bay. The room was unattractive and so grossly falsely described (not at all resembling the photo on the website). There were cobwebs in the corner and a decanter of what appeared to be sherry on the dresser that looked like the remains from the last occupants. The bathroom was dark and so small that one person could hardly fit (we are physically fit and not big people). What was described as the “private oceanside balcony” was a tiny deck with plastic chairs and small plastic table which barely fit. My husband went out there and it appeared to be hanging by a loose 2 X 4. It wasn’t private as described – it was in open view and very close to the deck of the room next door. Other than two other guests, there was no one present who represented the property. We couldn’t wait to leave – it was so different from the photos and description – the best adjective to describe it is dingy. The manager and owners were elusive. I called the number from their parking area and left a message that we would not be staying there and wanted our money refunded. No one returned my calls but after a couple of weeks I finally received a response by email after sending an email demanding that our money be refunded. I was informed by the manager that we would have to contact the owners (who I had made the initial calls to). I called again, and the owner did respond via email reminding us of the cancellation policy in our reservation confirmation - no refunds (cleverly included, protecting them from others who were misled, I'm sure) but offered a future stay during the week prior to an October date. This was of no use to us because we would never stay in this place to begin with - it is a cramped, unattractive place that is far overpriced for the value. Go the extra hour drive to Cape Cod if you want to stay at a place on the ocean – you are better off!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank HKC1010

Travellers are raving about these Scituate hotels

Harrisville, RI
Reviewed 6 September 2010

This was our 2nd visit. Last year the owners were out of town and it was great. The view is beautiful! And you have a semi-private balcony. We could overlook the dirt due to the view and decided to stay again this year.

We were greeted by the owner and housekeeper. Both talking on top of each other.
All we wanted to do was relax. But Doris who means well, sits in the living room and talks without stopping or listening. Since there is no cable, she invited us to watch T.V. with her. Urgh. we simply wanted to relax and be at peace.

The rooms are very dirty and dusty. Boxes under the beds. Carpet, drawers and pillows are dusty and dirty.

Bathrooms have no room for toiletries. No cable, no wi-fi. No microwave or oven for guests. So in bad weather you have to eat cold food or have Doris heat it up and talk.
The coffee maker is about 15 years old and they put 25 spoons of coffee per 10 cups of water. And it's lukewarm.

We tried to be polite and turn Doris "off" but she was always around and always talking at you. It was unnerving.

We will never go back. We felt not as guests but we were intruding. Weird and very uncomfortable.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JumpingJudy
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 September 2010

The interior of this old beach house was cluttered and dusty. The decor was circa 1980.
The bathroom had paint chipping and rusty areas. The room was tiny. The owner was abrupt and stern. It was like visiting someone's great grandmother's house. The breakfst was okay, eggs and sausage. The hash browns were frozen and looked like
oatmeal. The price was outrageous for the accommodations. The ocean view was great, but stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Mary60745
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Our greeting was very pleasant.
Service was very accommodating to all our needs.
Breakfast was outstanding every day outside on the deck.
It was a pleasure having the door open and listening to the waves throughout the night.
The bedding was extremely comfortably.
Very nice location for early morning walks on the beach.
Will return next summer!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smile000
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Great bed and breakfast! All rooms have wonderful ocean views and private decks. Our room, the Boston Light room, was spacious, clean and the bedding was very comfortable. Nice bathroom with full bath. Two wonderful amenities were the access to the first floor kitchen and the large outside deck. The kitchen contains just about anything you could need including flatware, plates and a frig full of bottled waters and soft drinks. The newly renovated oceanfront deck is complete with lounge chairs, tables and chairs. Delicious, full breakfast cooked on premises each morning of your stay. Owners are delightful and helpful with finding your way around the area as are the breakfast chefs. We loved our stay at the Oceanside Inn and hope to return soon.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scituate
The Inn at Scituate Harbor
Nantasket Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Rockland
BEST WESTERN Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Rockland
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay
Nantasket Hotel at the Beach

Been to Oceanside Inn? Share your experiences!