“My most depressing Hotel / Motel 6 Wifi and Stay Experience”

Motel 6 Providence East
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Well......called the front desk to check on availability and wifi. Let's face it, second only to availability , is... "do you have wifi?" Yes was the response. Handed my Visa over. Signed on the bottom line. Walking down the corridor to our room, my 10 year son asks for the 100th time, "are you sure that I can get on the internet with my Xbox". Why "YES SON" was my reply..."you heard the lady"! After a long gay of travel, and trying to be a bit money conscious, so we elected to stay here. It was only a $16 difference, but hey... vacation expenditures add up! Boy was that a mistake!! Back to us all walking down the hall, the cigarette wreaked was absolutely gagging. No exaggeration! It was brutal! I knew right at that point, I should turn around and get the hell out of there. Nope....I was tired and hey, things will get better once we're in the room. Opening the door to our room, I was met by the cheapest and the barest room I had ever been in. My college days weren't this bad. Of course, even after asking about the wifi, why the clerk neglected to tell me that it cost $3.18 for the day, is beyond me. But there I had to go, back to the lobby , from the farest corner away ! The clerks hands me a hand written strip of paper with a 8 number / letter combo on it. Use that and you'll be all set, This poor girl received no training. She didn't know the first thing about Motel 6's use and policy of their cheap system. It was absolutely pathetic. I could only use one device for each $3.18 strip of paper. My son could not use his Xbox. The odor of this place was just gross!!!!! Absolute Trailer Trash! Dammit why did'nt I go to the comfort inn. Just up the road, $16 more a night. Wed had just left one two mornings ago. Free internet. My son could use his Xbox. The place actually had nice furniture. This motel 6 is for the homeless. Really...I hate to throw the poor down like that, but, it seemed like that's all that stayed there. I will NEVER EVER stay at a Motel 6 again. I'd rather sleep in my car!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Horseman II M

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My 10 yr. old son and I stayed here while I was on a business trip. I requested a non-smoking room and was put in a smoking section of the hotel. It was extremely smokey in our hallway and all of our clothes and personal items reeked of smoke at the end of our stay. I woke up with a splitting headache every morning from it. They did offer to move us after day 2, but because I was there for a work conference I had to be up and out really early every morning and got back late at night. They wanted me to come to the front desk to work out moving rooms and I simply did not have time to deal with it.
Our first night in the room there was screaming and cursing in the hallway and someone threatening to kick in someone's door. Then we heard someone shout "put your hands up" and my son and I were terrified. I called the front desk and was told the police were "apprehending a gentleman" and they were very sorry.
Just not a good stay. The room was well furnished and housekeeping was great but other than that - choose elsewhere if you are traveling, especially with kids!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

If you haven't stayed at a renovated Motel 6 you might want to try it. If you want a luxury stay you would be disappointed but for everyday stop or if you are traveling with a pet and want a clean comfortable stay give it a try.

This property had fast friendly service with the new decor in my room. It is a no frills look with vinyl flooring but clean and neat. There are plenty of places to eat nearby on Rt 6 and right at an exit from Rt 195. I recommend this motel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've stayed here several times overnight and we've never had a problem. This hotel recently got remodeled and it is beautiful! TV works well and the amenities were clean. The front desk receptionists were very friendly and conversational. Would stay here again and recommend for short stays.

Room Tip: If you're sensitive to smoke, make that known! Double check you have a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rooms were ok, but not great. The Motel was a place to get off the road and sleep, no more.
I wouldn't jump up and down about it. I would probably return, but lower my expectations. It is just a Motel,

Room Tip: The place was ok.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I had to stay over night in E.Providence RI. This Motel 6 was a very basic accommodation. It was exceptionally clean and the room was spacious. The staff were friendly and management were polite and approachable. A good, economical, comfortable stay. Thx

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank redwine147
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my family pretty much lived here for about 3 months. We had to find a apt and with no luck this place was GREAT for the cheap price. They allowed my two dogs to stay even though they are pitbulls. The cleaning crew comes by your room often which I think is nice. My room was pretty well cleaned/maintained by staff. I would recommend them putting mini fridges and a microwave in there since constantly paying for fast food cost a lot of money. They don't have free breakfast which is a bummer. Also while I was there a party happened across the hall but it was quickly cleared out. Wasn't a bad stay. Good have been better but the price was right.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cheyenne H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Knights Inn Seekonk MA
Providence Biltmore
#6 of 13 in Providence
Hotel Dolce Villa
#11 of 13 in Providence

Been to Motel 6 Providence East? Share your experiences!