“Still my favorite fast food burgers!”
Review of Wendy's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wendy's
Ranked #17 of 79 Restaurants in Seekonk
Providence, Rhode Island
“Still my favorite fast food burgers!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Let's get one thing straight from the top: I don't count Five Guys, also in Seekonk, as a fast food burger joint because they grill each burger to order, which takes some time, and then put on the array of toppings you chose when you ordered. On the other hand, Wendy's, wherever it is located, is a true fast food place of the Big Mac and Whopper variety, only much much better than those two ubiquitous older chains. The cheeseburgers, 1/4 pound for a single, then in multiples of patties going to 1/2 and 3/4 pound, are moist, tender, and flavorful, unlike the "rubberburgers" at some of the other joints (the 1/4 pound single is plenty big for me, by the way). Wendy's also has other special burgers featuring bacon, and additional seasonal choices from time to time; also chicken sandwiches of various kinds. I normally go to the one on Charles Street in Providence, RI, which is close to my home, but the last time I went I encountered a chain-link fence around it, in preparation for major renovations. So, no, I did not drive the 8 or so miles to Seekonk, MA, just for a Wendy burger (which I also had a buck-off coupon for since I joined the Wendy's email site online), but had other business in that neighboring town so I stopped in at the Seekonk Wendy's and was not a bit disappointed: cheerful, friendly, and attentive counter people, a remarkably clean and comfortable dining room, and those wonderful cheeseburgers. Also, if you're a "senior" like I am, Wendy's offers the free "Senior Freestyle" drink -- any of a large array of soda and boutique water choices, so you don't have to pay for your beverage. A very nice touch, especially since Wendy's burgers are a bit higher priced than those at the other burger chains (and the soda prices at all of them, including Wendy's, can really jack up your bill), but those burgers are well worth the surcharge considering their quality.

• Visited August 2014

Been to Wendy's? Share your experiences!