“I can't remember when I've stayed in such a comfortable and clean hotel”

Ramada Seekonk Providence Area
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I can't remember when I've stayed in such a comfortable and clean hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

As a Southern beach-loving gal, I have always been curious about Cape Cod, so thought while we were in New England bringing our daughter to Yale to begin grad school, we'd take a day and go see what we could see of the Cape. I knew Cape Cod accommodations would be quiet expensive on a summer weekend, and after much research I decided that since this wasn't really a vacation, I just wasn't willing to pay what it would take to get a room on the Cape that I could feel comfortable in. While searching on another website, I saw this hotel pop up at an unbelievable rate. A large, nice looking suite for less than half of the going rate for a small, average motel room at the Cape! I mapped it out and my husband and I decided that since this hotel was only about an hour away from the Cape, it would meet our needs for our short visit.
Our room was a king bed suite, and the large sitting room had a comfortable, like-new, sleeper sofa which our daughter used. The room also had a large closet and a nice, convenient granite counter-top above the frig. The mattress, linens, towels, etc., everything was like new, very clean and quite plush and comfortable. The carpet and other flooring in the suite also looked like new, and there was also a large, new flat-screen TV which my husband really appreciated. The bathroom also appeared to have recently been redone, the tile flooring, granite counter-tops, large tiled shower with lovely glass doors, etc. and all fixtures looked clean and brand new. The exterior of the building is uninspiring and shows it's age, but the inside of the hotel is a totally different story.
When we came in the back entrance on our 2nd night, there was a large wedding reception, including loud music, going on in one of the banquet rooms. Everyone appeared to be having a wonderful time, but our room was on the 2nd floor on the back of the property near the banquet/convention facilities so I was concerned that we'd be hearing that wedding reception going on for hours. We were so thrilled when we got to our room and realized that we couldn't hear a thing....ever!
Everyone associated with the hotel who we had contact with, couldn't have been more professional and helpful. Breakfast was the only thing at this hotel that I thought could be a bit better. With facilities such as this, they could really put on a fine breakfast buffet, including hot (gluten-free friendly) items. As for gluten-free items, I did appreciate the yogurt and all the fresh fruit options, but the breakfast room just feels like there should be more and better choices....a gluten-free gal can dream! :)
We all thought this hotel was a fabulous bargain and for our little visit, it was well worth the hour drive to/from the Cape.

Room Tip: The suites are wonderful, like new, and spacious!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Ringoes, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Trying to find a nice play to stay in the Pawtucket (RI) area is not that easy to come by. This looked like a good place and we were not disappointed. We stayed on a Tuesday and the place was virtually empty. They did say that they were busy over the weekend, however. Price was quite reasonable and the room was nicely furnished. The continental breakfast left a little to be desired but it did the trick for us. They used glass plates, ceramic coffee cups and metal utensils. Nice change from paper plates and plastic forks. Like many places the walls were a little thin. Hallways were quite narrow but nicely carpeted and the walls were decorated with prints.Staff was very cordial and helpful. We were only 4-5 miles from McCoy Stadium so we were happy campers.

Room Tip: There did not appear to be an elevator so you might want to stay on the first floor.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Many locals in this area of the state know this hotel as the former Johnson and Whales Inn. Which had a great staff that knew what they are supposed to do and did it very well. I recently stayed at this newly named hotel that has been sold. The Hilltop Hotel has many areas to improve on.
We visited here for a wedding rehearsal dinner and wedding reception that was booked when this was still the Johnson and Whales in. First impressions are everything and when we walked into the room for the rehearsal dinner all you noticed are the plain walls. No pictures of any kind on the walls. The bar did not have any Jack Daniels or non alcoholic beer for the guests who no longer drink regular beer. When asked why this was I was told it was because they do not hold many functions here anymore and it seems the new owners do not want to spend the money on what they "may not sell". Jack Daniels not sell? Looks like the owners need to sit a t a local bar and take a listen to what is being ordered. The food below average that night and no sour cream available at all for the baked potatoes with dinner.

Many hotel guests staying for the wedding paid for a room with a single queen bed but when they checked in these rooms had been booked to another party and not available to them any longer.

The room that the wedding reception was in was also very plane. The room that used to be decorated very well with nice pictures are gone and all walls are bare. Just not a good setting. The wedding party and guests still enjoyed the time there.

I feel this hotel has a lot of potential but I would not recommend booking an event for a wedding at this time. Maybe once new ownership decides to put some money back into the hotel and makes needed improvements.

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the main road. The walls are thin and you can hear the busy...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

The room and bathroom were very clean.
Nice size bathroom. Good wifi.
Breakfast room was clean, and offered good choices.
Friendly staff.
I was visting friends who live in Barrington, Rhode Island, and this hotel was close by. It was the perfect choice.
I would stay here again next time I visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
nashua,new hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I just returned fromn the wknd. at this hotel. I think that the staff has done an excellent job in the transition from the Johnson and Wales Hotel (the same facility). We were pleasantly surprised at check-in with a room upgrade. The room we were given was quiet, large, a good king sized bed,refrigerator, and a super shower/bath tub. While the kitchen is undergoing a re-model, the breakfast was surprisingly good. We were offered fresh fruit, an egg dish, various bread stuffs, and good coffee. It certainly met the criteria,above and beyond, of a free continental breakfast. Throughout our stay, the staff was very helpful and responsive. I certainly would highly recommend this facility for a wknd. stay.

Room Tip: Ask if an upgrade to your room reservation is an option.
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

The manager knows I am writing this review because we were up-front and talked with him. Even Expedia thought we were reserving at Johnson and Wales and never mentioned the change. We came for the whole J and W experience: gourmet dining, staffed by students, etc. Beware: the place has fallen into disrepair and has been bought out. The minute I entered the lobby I was met with a "wall" of mildew and later had to use an old inhaler I had not used for 3 years. A phone call from a manager should have been made to tell us that it was no longer J and W and that the dining room was closed. Unfortunately, on the 2 different websites, it continues to tout the wonderful food at Audrey's ( the closed restaurant) and gives a menu for the new restaurant (which has not even been built yet). We paid extra to stay here and got nothing but trouble. In fact, when it became a health hazard we left after 4 nights with 5 yet to go. No refund yet from either the hotel or Expedia -- almost 2 weeks later -- and no rebate offered to balance the lack of services. On the good side, the breakfast was superior to many continental breakfasts -- but I could not stay downstairs to eat it due to the molds. Two years ago, I gave this hotel a 4-star rating. Not now. If you must stay here, ask the manager if the mildew has been abated and if the plants have been watered yet. Room was shabby with no safety lock on door and tiles off in the bathroom. I have been to numerous weddings, conferences and over-nights here so all that has happened seems to be recent. Good luck!

3 Thank Queeniereads

Travellers are raving about these Seekonk hotels

Mission, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had a very pleasant stay, clean, quiet room and helpful staff. It was also a nice surprise to get the complimentary breakfast too. Great value with good restaurants near by, no pool but nice exercise room.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Rizzy2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Comfort Inn Seekonk - Providence
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,356 reviews
Hotel Dolce Villa
Hotel Dolce Villa
#11 of 12 in Providence

Been to Ramada Seekonk Providence Area? Share your experiences!