“COLLEEN SAVED THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Seekonk Providence Area

Ramada Seekonk Providence Area
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Farmington, Connecticut
“COLLEEN SAVED THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Very good stay. Clean with friendly reception. Only issue was the bed was too soft. I prefer a firm mattress and this was had me sink in. I purchased this reservation over Hotwire and got a special rate under $100 until fees and taxes were added bringing the one night stay over $130. I was informed the price included breakfast but was told it would be a continental breakfast when I arrived. We were upgraded to a king sized bed upon check in.

One of the reasons we chose this hotel was because the fee included a breakfast that lasted until 10 AM. We went to breakfast at 9:30 AM and the cupboard was essentially bare. The plates that held the bagels and muffins was empty. I complained to the young man who told us he was the kitchen manager and was told that they were short staffed so they would not replenish the bread, bagels or muffins. I figured that we were entitled to some refund so I approached Colleen, the receptionist at the front, who told me to return to the dinning area and she would make a call. Suddenly a female appeared with a tray of bagels and muffins. We proceeded to have a wonderful breakfast which was far more than continental and included eggs and home fries. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Colleen saved the day.

I was going to downgrade this hotel because of this breakfast mishap but my wife reminded me that the hotel should not suffer because of a single employee not having customer skills. The young man did this even after he saw me take photos of the empty plates, no milk, one yogurt and my telling him that I will be reviewing the hotel for Trip Advisor. I told him that we chose this hotel because of the free breakfast and asked him how he would feel if he was in our position, I don't know wether to blame his response to me on his youth or just poor judgement. He needs some customer training.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Berlin NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

If you want to avoid high priced hotels on providence, then this is a good option. It's a $15 cab ride to downtown PVD so no worries there if you want to have a night in the city. The restaurant has average food and a bit pricey for what you get. Staff were cordial.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NHWhiteMountains
Andreas, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel is not located in the downtown, but the rooms are nice and clean and spacious. Staff is friendly and the hotel is very quiet. We stayed here over Thanksgiving and New Years and both times it was been an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Sara C
Barrington, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days, as I was attending a few job interviews....great place...clean...helpful staff...all so kind and asked about my interviews...they were almost as excited as I was. When I was offered a position...Great place...great people

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank susan f
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights while attending a workshop in Providence RI. My room was comfortable, clean, and quite adequate. I found the reception staff to be very pleasant and helpful. Parking is plentiful except when they have a large event on site - I just had to do a little searching instead of pulling into a space by the door!!!! Continental breakfast is served in the dining room with everything you can want and great service staff - BEST COFFEE!!!
There is food service available on the weekend - plenty of places to eat within a short drive.
I recommended the Center to the people hosting my workshop.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Margaret P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday while visiting family in Pawtucket and Providence.

Was a very convenient location, right off a main road and close to restaurants and stores.

Room was immaculate, I'm a germaphobe and had zero issues with it, housekeeping did a fabulous job!

Bed was comfortable, bathroom was updated and shower temp/pressure was perfect, room was nice and warm, breakfast was good - beautiful dining room, wonderful staff willing to go above and beyond (thank you for mailing my keys to me, Lisa).

I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a great price, friendly service, and a nice comfy room. We'll be staying here from now on!

• Stayed November 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

First let me say that you can't beat it for the price! Needed to be in downtown providence but rates were sky high... These were much less and worth the drive. Our first room was in total disarray.... Sheets on floor and room not made up. (Not sure how someone starts a room then leaves it but they did.) Our replacement room was an "upgrade" on the 2nd floor... But the elevator didn't work...:(. Once we finally got settled the facilities were good... Beds were comfy and bathrooms were large and just remodeled. Furniture was a bit dated as evidenced by the fact that the drawer front fell off the dresser but we didn't need that drawer anyway. I think they might be having a housekeeping issue...????? Not a luxury hotel but if you are looking for a nice place to put your head down at night I would recommend.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Hampton Inn Seekonk
Fox Point
Hilton Garden Inn Providence
Hilton Garden Inn Providence
#9 of 12 in Providence

Been to Ramada Seekonk Providence Area? Share your experiences!