“good value”

Ramada Seekonk Providence Area
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had booked this hotel thru priceline for 75. a night while my son and I were visiting neighboring colleges. At first they gave us a room where the bathroom hasn't been renovated since the 1980's and contained a small stand up shower. We could live with that for one night, but the security chain for the door was broken, so we opted to change rooms. The front desk didn't hesitate when we asked to switch, and promptly gave us another room. The 2nd room was updated with a wonderful shower. The hotel itself did have a "musty" smell, and the elevator system is somewhat confusing ( There are doors on both sides of the elevators, and certain floors open up on various sides). Noticeable, but not enough to ruin your stay. We ate dinner at a local 99 chain, which was very good. The continental breakfast was impressive, more than your standard cereal and bagels. If we are in the area, I would stay again. But, only if I had booked thru a discounted website.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Very good stay. Clean with friendly reception. Only issue was the bed was too soft. I prefer a firm mattress and this was had me sink in. I purchased this reservation over Hotwire and got a special rate under $100 until fees and taxes were added bringing the one night stay over $130. I was informed the price included breakfast but was told it would be a continental breakfast when I arrived. We were upgraded to a king sized bed upon check in.

One of the reasons we chose this hotel was because the fee included a breakfast that lasted until 10 AM. We went to breakfast at 9:30 AM and the cupboard was essentially bare. The plates that held the bagels and muffins was empty. I complained to the young man who told us he was the kitchen manager and was told that they were short staffed so they would not replenish the bread, bagels or muffins. I figured that we were entitled to some refund so I approached Colleen, the receptionist at the front, who told me to return to the dinning area and she would make a call. Suddenly a female appeared with a tray of bagels and muffins. We proceeded to have a wonderful breakfast which was far more than continental and included eggs and home fries. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Colleen saved the day.

I was going to downgrade this hotel because of this breakfast mishap but my wife reminded me that the hotel should not suffer because of a single employee not having customer skills. The young man did this even after he saw me take photos of the empty plates, no milk, one yogurt and my telling him that I will be reviewing the hotel for Trip Advisor. I told him that we chose this hotel because of the free breakfast and asked him how he would feel if he was in our position, I don't know wether to blame his response to me on his youth or just poor judgement. He needs some customer training.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

If you want to avoid high priced hotels on providence, then this is a good option. It's a $15 cab ride to downtown PVD so no worries there if you want to have a night in the city. The restaurant has average food and a bit pricey for what you get. Staff were cordial.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NHWhiteMountains
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel is not located in the downtown, but the rooms are nice and clean and spacious. Staff is friendly and the hotel is very quiet. We stayed here over Thanksgiving and New Years and both times it was been an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara C
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days, as I was attending a few job interviews....great place...clean...helpful staff...all so kind and asked about my interviews...they were almost as excited as I was. When I was offered a position...Great place...great people

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank susan f
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights while attending a workshop in Providence RI. My room was comfortable, clean, and quite adequate. I found the reception staff to be very pleasant and helpful. Parking is plentiful except when they have a large event on site - I just had to do a little searching instead of pulling into a space by the door!!!! Continental breakfast is served in the dining room with everything you can want and great service staff - BEST COFFEE!!!
There is food service available on the weekend - plenty of places to eat within a short drive.
I recommended the Center to the people hosting my workshop.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Margaret P
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday while visiting family in Pawtucket and Providence.

Was a very convenient location, right off a main road and close to restaurants and stores.

Room was immaculate, I'm a germaphobe and had zero issues with it, housekeeping did a fabulous job!

Bed was comfortable, bathroom was updated and shower temp/pressure was perfect, room was nice and warm, breakfast was good - beautiful dining room, wonderful staff willing to go above and beyond (thank you for mailing my keys to me, Lisa).

I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a great price, friendly service, and a nice comfy room. We'll be staying here from now on!

• Stayed: November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Clarion Inn
Best Western Providence-Seekonk Inn
Knights Inn Seekonk MA
Knights Inn Seekonk MA
#5 of 8 in Seekonk

Been to Ramada Seekonk Providence Area? Share your experiences!