“A few issues, but overall satisfactory”

Ramada Seekonk Providence Area
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Ottawa, Canada
“A few issues, but overall satisfactory”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had booked a one-night stay at this hotel via an online booking site, and had booked a room with two king beds and a sofa bed. The room we were given did not have the sofa bed, so we asked for a cot. Room service called us back to say that the fire marshals had been there recently and that they preferred not to give out cots.

Since we were short one sleeping spot, we asked to be moved to another room with a pull out couch. They said they could upgrade us and we would get a mini-fridge. Hello?!? How is a mini-fridge going to help another person sleep??

I insisted on getting another room, and after much discussion, they said they would give us a suite for an extra $10. It's not a big increase - it's only $10 - but you'd think after all the problems we had that they'd just give us the upgrade for free. Anyways, we were tired and just wanted to sleep, so we took the room.

The room was nice, large, plenty of room (and we now had a mini-fridge!) The mattress on the sofa bed was hideous though - you could feel the springs in it! It looked like it had been there since the hotel opened.

We also had a hassle getting extra pillows and blankets...

To add to it all, there's an odour in the hotel that makes the place feel old. It smells like an old church basement or an ex-smokers house. Gross!

Location is on the outskirts of town, so if you're looking for nightlife or things to do, this is not the place to go. However, if you're trying to avoid traffic and just want a place to crash, and you don't mind odours or bad service, you can get away with a night here for a decent price.

Breakfast in the morning, along with friendly service, helped boost this hotel's score from a 1 to a 2...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bolton
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a nice hotel, just converted to a Ramada a few months ago. We had a wedding party of about 30 rooms for 2 nights, (July 18-20). Great free cont bkfast, with hot foods. Bar was not open to the public, (we made a special "after wedding" arrangement for a 11:30pm - 1:00am special opening just for us. Very clean, lots of parking. Not sure if there is an elevator to the 2nd floor, but there is one for floors 3 & 4. I would return here.

Room Tip: might have to walk up to the 2nd floor?
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed one night as we where attend a wedding reception. The front desk was very warm, friendly ,welcoming and helpful. The room was a standard clean room with a king bed but there was no carpeting on the floor - I found this too be unusual ,rather old and unwelcoming. The hotel seemed to be full and there was a line of people waiting to enter the breakfast area in the morning.
Generally it was ok place to rest your head for a night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Clarence Center, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I picked this Ramada Inn in Seekonk because of it's proximity to Providence. It was easy to get to and from the city. My daughter was attending a program at Johnson and Wales while I explored Providence, RI. My room was 401 which the desk clerk told me was just a right and a left to the elevator. I kept walking a while and didn't see it so I had to go back to the desk clerk. He assured me that I just hadn't walked far enough. It was quite a ways from the lobby although the hotel did not seem that full. The room was a little worn particularly the bathroom door which was hard to shut all the way. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. The tv had very basic channels but I got Wi-Fi. The room was freezing and no way to adjust the temperature. The walls are thin and I could hear doors opening and closing all night long. There wasn't a refrigerator so I couldn't put my drink bottles in one to keep cold for the next day. Although the room was very cold! I slept on and off and was hoping for at least a decent breakfast. The breakfast buffet had all the basics but the eggs and French toast were at best room temperature. The syrup decanter was a sticky mess and the muffins were awful. I was not greeted by any service staff or asked how my stay was at any time. When I checked out the clerk just took my keys and said "you are all set", no receipt or anything was given.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LindaB14032
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Booked asap stop off as we travel to syracuse and weren't expecting much. From the warm and helpful welcome on the desk to the useful laundry, comfortable room (bed is a small king) with black out curtains and good breakfast (inc waffles!) this was a delightful stop. The hotel was just about empty which was a little odd atmosphere wise but is clearly a conference centre that could accommodate large numbers efficiently.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The front desk staff was friendly at check in. The room was clean and basically OK. WiFi worked. Thats about all the positive I can say. Even though the hotel was barely occupied everybody was put into the back sections (makes it easier for the cleaning staff) but the paperthin walls do not make for a good night's sleep. The room as chilly (below 68F) and when I asked the front desk why the heating did not work I was told the room was in summer mode and only AC would be available. So be prepared to freeze in colder spring nights as I did. The only suggestion they made was a blanket or to talk to management the next morning. (Ever heard of a space heater?).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Markus W

Travellers are raving about these Seekonk hotels

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for business for one night. The lobby was very nice, it seemed to have been updated recently. My colleague and I waited about 5-10 minutes for someone to help us at the desk, as she was speaking to someone on the phone in the back area. I would have been ok with the wait if she had popped her head out of the back to let us know she heard us, but she did not. We weren't sure if she heard us walk in so we just stood there waiting. When she finally tended to us, she seemed in a rush and was not very friendly. I guess I can understand this since she had the phone on hold and wanted to get our rooms quickly.

The hallways to the rooms were quite small; two people definitely would not be able to walk side by side in the hallways. The rooms themselves were your standard hotel room; rooms were clean, furniture seemed updated, and the bathroom was redone. My room had toilet problems and did not always flush properly, and would take a very long time to fill the basin. Water pressure in the shower was fine, though my colleague did not have any water pressure at all.

The one thing that I really disliked about the room were its paper-thin walls. My room was not noisy, but I could hear the person in the room next to me talking on the phone for about 3 hours, until midnight; it wasn't just muffled voice either, I heard the entire conversation (he was complaining to a friend about how he couldn't get on the internet). Luckily I was still awake while he was on the phone or else I would have not been able to fall asleep.

Continental breakfast was just that-there was coffee, tea, juices, cereal, fruit, breads, and omelettes.

Check out was quick and painless.

Overall, it was not a horrid experience, but there were some bad marks, most notably the front desk staff while checking in, and the thin walls.

Room Tip: Room 107 was clean and updated but walls are thin!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Comfort Inn Seekonk - Providence
#6 of 8 in Seekonk
Omni Providence Hotel
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 12 in Providence

Been to Ramada Seekonk Providence Area? Share your experiences!