“Better applebees”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We went in a party of 7. It was better than most Applebee's. The food was very good. I tried the new shrimp scampi, it was good, lots of shrimp. My daughter got the crunchy shrimp and really liked it. My son got the rib basket and said it was very good. We had the fried green beans and they were also very good. Another member of our party had the Santa Fe Chicken and loved it. The music they had playing was good. The World Cup was on, but they didn't have it playing. They did put it on per our request. Our server was ok, my only complaint was that she did not offer to refill any of the beverages that were not alcoholic.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Visited on Saturday, 25 Jan 2014 = Lunch for 2

- 2/5 Overall = Slow service, unclean environment, "unmotivated" workers, over cooked steak.

- 2/5 Location/Environment = Good location, but the seats we were shown to have food crumbs on it, we had to clean it ourselves.

- 2/5 Service = The host told us to hold and walked away from us, he went over and got a waitress to show us to our table. The waitress were chatting in a circle and did not look pleased to be interrupted. No refill on my water. Manager did not stop by our table during our visit to check on things.

- 3/5 Food = Typical Applebee's food, everything else was good, except that they overcooked my steak (well-done instead of medium). I think the kitchen didn't time the two dishes properly because my mash potato also had a dried layer on top, signs of being finished way before the other dish and left in the oven to keep it warm but then ended up over cooking my steak. The riblets were great and and boneless wings were awesome, plenty of sauce.

I love Applebee's, but this place is not up to the typical standard of the chain. Maybe they are just having a bad day, will revisit again and hope it was just a 1 time slip up.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I am getting quite tired of the subpar food and lack of consistency with many restaurants in the Providence Rhode Island area. They are so busy giving each other "Rhode Island Best" awards that many have forgotten how to serve great food. As such, I have decided to visit chain restaurants more often, since the quality of the food and service is often comparable for much lower cost.

We enjoyed Craft IPA beers, $5.99 half pound burgers with the works, wings, and a high quality salmon entrée, all served by an energetic and conversational waitress. The chain restaurant vibe notwithstanding, I am finding that there is really an insignificant difference between my Applebee's (and other comparable chain restaurant) experience and some of the pretentious restaurants in Providence.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Applebee's is close by, but I never think of going there. They offer a lot of choices and didn't mind substituting a veggie for rice. I had the baked fish and enjoyed every bite! The waitress, was friendly and had a nice, relaxing demeanor . She paid attention to our drink refills and the food came out quickly.
It also has a large open bar area. You can see the TV's from all the booths in the dining area too.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I forgot what the name of their to-go service is but none-the-less it was good. I ordered inside the restaurant. Very nice staff, no hassle. I had my meal in less than 10 minutes. The meal was done as I ordered. This is Applebee's so it's prepackaged and heated. The taste was good given that. I would go there again.