“Great balance between quality price and location”

Comfort Inn Seekonk - Providence
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great balance between quality price and location”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

A surprise 80th birthday for my parents required several rooms near Providence RI that had to be nice and appropriate for all ages from infants to great grandparents - and has to satisfy a myriad of budgets. We picked Comfort Inn Seekonk and man was I a hero. The hotel exceeded our expectations at the price we paid (about $85/room/night). It was 5 minutes to downtown Providence, and within a few blocks there were several excellent restaurants, including the spot we held our party...Bucca di Beppo which shares the same parking lot. Just a 1-minute drive to several nice restaurants too. We asked the front desk, and they were very helpful with our entire party. This hotel is nice inside, had free breakfast..no just continental. I mean-sausage and eggs and toast and many healthy options too. I travel a lot for work and $100 per night is my sweet-spot. If other Comfort Inns are like this - they are now on my list of hotels I will seek out when traveling. Beat of all? The hotel felt like a $250/night hotel, less the bar. But walk next door for all the bar and Italian food you can handle. Or walk the other way to the Japanese Habachi steak house. I forget the name. Find it on "Around Me" app (another trusted companion) when travelling in this area.

Room Tip: all rooms are convenient since each side has its own parking and access door
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CharlieBabbit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
MA
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Provided an alternative to an overbooked weekend in Providence Rhode Island. Short, uncomplicated drive to the Convention Center and it was nice to get away from the crazy busy atmosphere at the Convention Center at the end of the day. Quiet at night. No extra charges for parking, no long waits for the elevator, very friendly and helpful staff which made it a very personable experience. Easy to park close to the room and bring in all the gear. Excellent continental breakfast. It was not luxurious, a bit worn, but clean and safe. Near Walmart in case you forgot something.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lilacfairy
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Booking online can be tricky...if I don't know an area I tend to choose somewhere with good name recognition. I didn't spend a whole lot of time researching what else was around but wish I had. While this wasn't the worst place I've stayed, it certainly wasn't the best. The staff was quite nice and check in and out was simple. Typical continental fare for breakfast. However, the room was worn and outdated, the toilet amazingly small. I liked the fact that the window opened but big holes in the screen rendered that a bit useless. This hotel is in a very busy area and while the traffic noise is tolerable, groups of teens and young adults hanging out in the parking lot is not. The phone connections were noisy but the internet service was strong and steady. The TV is old and the remote didn't work. I searched for signs of little undesireables, but found none. (This is always a concern of mine, so I was greatful for that.) Overall, it was as I had anticipated. That is probably the worst thing you can say about Comfort Inn at this point...don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. They can do better.

Room Tip: Stay away from smoking floors, EVEN if you are a smoker. A little febreeze would go a long way! Do...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rhonda H
GMMA130, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Seekonk - Providence, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you for your response. It's feed back from guests that allow us to find out what we're doing right, and what areas we can do better in. All of the information you have provided has been a great help, and we are working on correcting the areas you have addressed. I hope that you'll visit us again in the future.

Brian Way
Front Office Manager
Vermont
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Only needed a room for one night so we could make an early morning appointment in Providence. This fit the bill perfectly. The room was very clean, though some areas were worn...there was a hole in the top sheet at the foot of one of the beds. My daughter's toe kept getting stuck in it! But the sheets were bright white, and clean. The room was spacious, plenty of drawer space. Lots of channels on the tv; reception was great. Water pressure in the shower was excellent. Breakfast was average but we all found something to eat...bagels & english muffins with cream cheese, cold cereal, yogurt, apples & oranges, juice, coffee, and some pre-made egg and sausage patties that didn't look too inviting. They have a waffle maker which we didn't use. There was only a 4-slot toaster so there was a wait to get our bread toasted. And there are very few tables in the breakfast room so we had to wait to sit. We paid significantly less here than at other nearby hotels so I am very satisfied with this hotel overall. Located in a busy commercial strip. We ate dinner next door at Buca Di Beppo -- nice not having to drive to dinner. It was only a 10 minute drive into Providence on a Saturday morning. I'd stay here again in similar circumstances, but I might choose a more upscale hotel if I was going to stay more than a night or two.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank annvt
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 22 October 2011

After staying at this hotel, both my father and I have found hundreds of bed bug bites all over our bodies. We should have checked the mattresses before settling in, but unfortunately we didn't, and now we are paying the consequences.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Emma N
Valley Forge PA
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We were looking for accommodations close to Providence and Comfort Inn Seekonk was just right. A nice combinationj of value,
comfort, cleanliness, an "expanded" continental breakfast and spacious outdoor pool was beyond expectation. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: A quiet room midway down the corridor
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank foxypanthers
Union, Missouri
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I love Comfort Inn. My family and I were in town for a funeral. It had a great breakfast included along with clean, quiet rooms, comfortable beds and a sparkling outdoor pool.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank melgobble
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Ramada Seekonk Providence Area
Knights Inn Seekonk MA
Knights Inn Seekonk MA
#6 of 8 in Seekonk
Extended Stay America - Providence - East Providence

Been to Comfort Inn Seekonk - Providence? Share your experiences!