“a wonderful gem of a place near Providence Rhode Island”

Historic Jacob Hill Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Seekonk B&B and Inns
swampscott MA
“a wonderful gem of a place near Providence Rhode Island”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Twenty women took over the inn for birthday celebrations. We had a wonderful stay. Everyone was most hospitable, the rooms were gorgeous and comfortable and breakfast was really special. Everything was done to make our special occasion(s) special which began with a lovely wine and cheese party.
Seekonk is a quiet town but it is very close to Providence where we enjoyed many of the sights and activities that a big city provides.
I, personally, loved my experience at Jacob Hill Inn - I am happy to pass the word along

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ruthswampscottMA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Westampton, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We have stayed here more than 40 nights and always look forward to our next stay. The rooms are luxurious and immaculately kept. When you arrive you are greeted with "warm" and the feeling continues for your entire stay. The setting of the hotel is upon beautiful grounds complemented by a lovely pool, tennis court and peace and quiet. The delicious breakfasts are served in the well-appointed dining room and are enjoyed in an atmosphere of quiet music. The owners are sincerely friendly and knowledgeable people who take a genuine interests in their guests. They are very helpful in providing information about sites to see and experience and places to dine. Their motto is "arrive a stranger and depart a friend" and this is very true.

Room Tip: Our favorite room is the Boston Suite. Ideally located on the first floor, it overlooks the serene...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My wife and I were recently given a gift of a weekend stay at Jacob Hill Inn. We were warmly greeted by the owners Bill and Eleonora. We were very impressed as we enjoyed a complimentary glass of wine while touring the beautifully landscaped grounds and impeccably clean and very lovely rooms. Each has its own personality and reveals Bill's attention to every detail. Eleonora masterfully created delicious breakfasts, each one a delicacy.
We will definitely return every chance we have. Thanks Bill and Eleonora

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Flying from the west coast to east coast, I arrived later around 8:30 pm and was greeted warmly by the owners Bill and Eleonora. We were given a tour and a glass of wine. The room was clean and property is beautiful. I had emailed about breakfast on the last day as our flight left early, and they were very accommodating on a to-go breakfast ready for our 5 am departure. I have stayed in B&B around the USA, and this is one of the best.

Do yourself a favor and book a stay here!! We chose this as we didn't want to stay in Boston and nicer than other places in the Providence. The property has a history which Bill will be happy to tell you about and give you a tour. 4 course breakfast and 24/7 access to a fridge filled with sodas, water and a cheese plate. I will be back next time I am in New England. I had booked on http://hotels.com because I get the rewards and used my free night, but next time I will call them directly!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ilove2travel777
Pa
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Easy to find, quiet, and close to everything you want in the area, the Inn is one of the top stays in New England. Comfortable beds and spacious rooms are complemented by a very good breakfast and amazingly attentive and helpful innkeepers who treat you like members of the family. Every detail is in place, from quality bedding to a pool table, swimming pool, and ping pong table. A great place to stay at a price consistent with the quality of the experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank travelguyPa
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My Husband and I took a spur of the moment trip to The Jacob Hill Inn. We were greeted by the warmest smiling faces and shown inside the beautiful inn. Actually "beautiful" doesn't do it justice. MAGNIFICENT! We had one of the most romantic nights ever! Truly unforgettable. You can't help but fall in love all over again at the Jacob Hill Inn!

Room Tip: Their rooms are truly some of the most romantic I've ever seen!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rhode Island
Reviewed 3 September 2013

When I was first surprised by a plan for a quick getaway I felt I was too busy to leave behind my huge workload. The compromise was coming close to my location. When I was told we were meeting in Seekonk, I was skeptical. I was then told to checkout their prestigious Zagat 4 Diamond review they have received for 12 years straight! Upon my arrival all skepticism melted away into a wonderful feeling of being very far away and very spoiled!
Needless to say, we have been back within a month of our first stay. .
The rooms are wonderful. We have stayed in both buildings and they are both great!
Bill and Elenora, the owners are genuinely lovely people and I was greeted with a hug last time when we arrived!
The decor is very tasteful! My favorite room we had was in a wing off the main building where breakfast is also served. It had a huge and amazing jacuzzi tub that easily fits 2. The beds and linens are very nice and I would bet that in winter it is even better. There is an electric fireplace in all the rooms we have had. One of the bathrooms also had a bidet.
The four course breakfasts are amazing. One time the main was fresh raspberry stuffed french toast! Delicious. Their granola is homemade and they always have fresh baked muffins. There is always fresh baked chocolate chip cookies in the rooms and a nice cheese, nuts & pepperoni platter in the main refrigerator for each room, along with bowls of apples.
They also have a pool which we have never used.
I can not say enough about this wonderful romantic hideaway!

Room Tip: Both rooms were equally quiet. I really liked the room with the large Jacuzzi tub! They are all grea...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wendyyork
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Omni Providence Hotel
Downtown Providence
Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Downtown Providence
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown

Been to Historic Jacob Hill Inn? Share your experiences!