Clarion Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskwafflesroom wasn't readyroom was cleanwould stay here againsausageoff the highwaycontinental breakfastindoor poolfridge and microwavedowntown providenceplenty of parkingwaffle makernight's sleepfitness centerfirst floorconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I'm a loyal Choice Hotels customer. But their offering in Seekonk (a suburb of Providence) was not up to par. So I tried an alternative, the Ramada in Seekonk. At that time, more than a year ago, it was somewhat better. Then, within a couple months, this hotel became a Clarion Inn. The changeover took several weeks: not physical changes, but conversion to a Choice Hotel brand. What was not so good as a Ramada was replaced by great offerings from Clarion.

This hotel has a great pool. In addition, the attached restaurant, DiParma Table, is first class.

The staff wasted no time making me feel welcome and special! They, especially Sonya, still do every time I arrive (about once a week).

Unlike most hotels, the original uninteresting Ramada complimentary breakfast has evolved into a top of the line Choice Hotels specimen, served by Irene, who even will prepare you a perfect waffle.

Their rooms are comfortable and always have an outdoor view since the hotel is shaped like a big square with rooms on both the inside and outside of the square. It's two stories. Many rooms are equipped with Keurig coffee makers. You and your family will love it. Their prices are extremely reasonable. As a business traveler, I go out of my way to stay here. Hope you'll give it a try.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank LRYork
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This past weekend was very special as we were celebrating my son's graduation from Brown University. From Silvia the manager to Tonia, Sonia, Melissa and Anton, the customer service was excellent. They bent over backwards to help everyone in my party. I had family traveling from different parts of the country and chose Clarion because of the exceptional help I received when looking for a convenient, clean, safe and comfortable hotel. Prior to the trip, the staff was so kind in helping with dining reservations, transportation and more. When we arrived, we were treated like family. The rooms were beautiful, spacious and more than I expected. The breakfast that was included was fabulous as well. Being directly off the highway and a ten minute ride into Providence was an added bonus. I would like to give some constructive criticism but no one in my party could find any negatives. This was a great choice for us and I would highly recommend this to anyone. Great customer service like this is hard to find!!

Room Tip: If you have a large party choose the Bridal Suite --room 201--as it is like an apartment. There are 2 separate bedrooms, 2 baths and a large living/dining room area. We had 2 adult children with us and a friend and we had plenty of space and privacy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kathy3502
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I needed lodging in this area on a Monday night and did night have an advanced reservation. I got a room at the Clarion Inn using the Roomsaver for a great rate. The property was clean and well maintained. My room with a queen bed was very clean and comfortable. I did not use the indoor pool but it looked very nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Quite often I am disappointed with the breakfast that many hotels offer...Not so here. The offerings include waffles, eggs. sausage, home fries, fruit, bagels, muffins, pastries, cereal, and more!! I would recommend The Clarion Inn in Seekonk without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank wonderworms
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Hotel was very clean. Great breakfast provided with your reservation. The pool was clean and water clear like it should be. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Loved that there was an actual soap dish on the bathroom sink to put the soap in. Lots of restaurants/shopping/family activities in the area where the hotel is located.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back of the hotel which was nice and quiet but a good walk to the lobby and breakfast in the morning.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Debi023
Reviewed 17 April 2013

As a New England sales rep, I have found this place to be very conveniently located to all of RI, 1/2 of CT and the eastern third of MA. I can work this area from here, with ease. What makes it such a great place is the very welcome environment, the feeling that you are home when you walk through the front doors into a lavish foyer and see happy, bright eyed front desk staff. The rooms are very clean and up to date. The grounds are appealing, there is no outside noise, One of my criteria when looking for a hotel is having a restaurant with in walking distance. This place has a wonderful italian restaurant attached and has other places a short walk away. There really is no reason to stay at any other hotel in the area. And the best part is the price.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business