“Wonderful buffet, pleasant staff, great value!”
Review of Coriander Bistro

Coriander Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Coriander Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Sharon
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Norwood,MA
“Wonderful buffet, pleasant staff, great value!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The buffet is wonderful - I love the variety. It could convince me to be vegetarian as I end up eating mostly vegetarian dishes. It is not spicy hot, but wonderfully flavored. There is a nice variety. The hot naan that is put on the table is hot and fresh - I could just sit and eat that all day! We come here fairly regularly from where I work in Canton, and everyone looks forward to it. If We haven't come in a month, everyone starts asking me when we can come again. It has a great atmosphere - nice decorations. The buffet is served in beautiful copper kettles.

• Visited August 2011

Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Great food/Great service”
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I received a Groupon for Coriander Bistro and decided I wanted to go there on a date night with my husband. We arrived on a Friday night about 8:30 pm and were happy to find it was not crowded. The atmosphere was very comfortable and relaxed. We did not feel rushed to finish our meals and give up our table.

The server was extremely polite and helpful when we asked about recommendations. I odered the Chicken Tandoori and my husband ordered Lamb Kebab. The entrees come with a delicious basmati rice. We also ordered mint Naan which was absolutely delicious! Everything was perfect. I have no complaints. To drink, I had a mango Lassi and my husband had a beer from India. And for dessert I ordered a Himalayan Masala Chiya which is like a spiced tea with milk. That too was delicious. I am dying to go back as is my husband.

The only thing I do wish we did is order a combination plate so that we got to try more items on the menu. There is an extensive menu and it is hard to decide on one thing.

Anyone who thinks Indian food is only about curry needs to try Coriander Bistro to prove that theory incorrect!

• Visited September 2011
Cuba
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly avoidable!!!”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I am an Indian and would love to rate this restaurant high at least for this reason but I my experience doesn't allow me to do so. We went on a dinner with my family friends. The food was one of the worst I ever had. This was the first time I saw green peas and Broccoli Rabe in Hydrabadi Chicken Briyani. Other food items were also of the worst kind I ever had. On top of this when gave Groupon coupons for discounts we were entitled to, he then charged $11 from the credit cards without our consent. When we asked about the same he said thats part of tips which was around 20% of the whole bill amount. He in fact printed a new bill with tips amount after we showed the coupons. So I would not recommend anyone who wants to have good Indian food or dining experience to this restaurant. Highly avoidable!!!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Vivek S
Sharon, Massachusetts
“Nothing thrilling”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Went with friends who are really familiar with Indian food and we all seemed to think it was adequate. Servers couldn't really communicate information about their particular dishes. Location is nice but no place I would rush back to.

• Visited February 2011
Norwood, Massachusetts
“Excellent Food but service could use a boost.”
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Like a previous reviewer we were enticed by a Groupon for Coriander Bistro. The space was once a popular french restaurant with the same name. The decor is a bit more upscale than your typical Indian Restaurant. Although we were seated quickly for a Friday evening, it took quite some time for a server to come to our table. As it was extremely cold, the sweet corn soup was a nice way to warm up. The flavor was a bit too delicate for me, but it was good. I highly recommend the dosa. It is one of the best I've had and certainly the largest. The chicken Korma was spiced just as we asked for it. Though we will certainly return I recommend the management do some training of the aloof wait staff. They need to be a bit more attentive to their tables. It took forever to get a check and to get the bill paid.

• Visited February 2011

Been to Coriander Bistro? Share your experiences!