“Exceptional food and services”
Review of Birdies Bistro

Birdies Bistro
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Lelant
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Basingstoke
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptional food and services”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Went with, my friends Paul and Carol who live in Lelant to Birdies bistro, I have to say we had the warmest of welcomes from the Dom and his staff. Followed by the best food I have had in the 4 years I have been travelling on to this area. The quality of food, creative dishes and excellent presentation, thank you Dom. We were also treated to the beautiful singing from Just Millie. It's a must go if you are in this area if not still travel the effort is worth it!!

Visited July 2014
BirdiesBistro1, Owner at Birdies Bistro, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your amazing review. Its always a pleasure to read such a lovely review, Thank you.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Incredible from start to finish”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

A few months back I contacted the owner of Birdies to organise a meal for a high number of people, something the majority of restaurants in St Ives would refuse, but nothing was too much trouble!

A personalised menu for our evening was created after he had asked me a few food preference questions, for a set price per head. (At incredible value for money I might add, for three courses including 10 bottles of wine! Less than we would have paid in any St Ives restaurant)

The food was beautiful, with amazing portion sizes! I personally had goats cheese and fig salad to start which was one of the best salads I have ever had.
Followed by a perfectly cooked local steak with all of the accompaniments you could hope for.... I couldn't finish my main course, had to leave room for dessert, which I'm very glad I did!
The Lemon tart was also amazing, refreshing and creamy without being too heavy.

If the food being of such high quality wasn't enough, the service was also faultless. Friendly and attentive whilst never being too much.

The venue was immaculately clean, and as a mum, I couldn't help but notice the baby change area was stocked with items in case you had forgotten to bring something (we've all done it at some point).

I cannot rate this place high enough, from start to finish Birdies was a joy. If you haven't already, I recommend you try it!

• Visited July 2014
Thank you so much for your great review and for taking the time to write it. We are pleased to hear you had a great evening at Birdies and we like to try hard to meet everyone's needs.
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We called here for lunch as we were staying within walking distance.
It's very pretty inside, though you can also sit outside right by the estuary if you like.
We had a delicious meal and a nice bottle of rose wine.
Friendly staff and very good service.
We will call again next year when we come down for our annual holiday.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review and for the 5 stars.
We look forward to welcoming you back next year.
St Ives, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I've never been here before and had the most wonderful dinner In a long time. The staff were fantastic and the location is so quaint and beautiful. I'm shocked to see a review saying bad things about cleanliness or portion size as I know I couldn't even finish my meal (The Hallumi dish.. so amazing). The bathrooms (as was the whole restaurant) were spotless which is a credit as it is always hard to keep them at a high level on a busy night like that. 10/10 and can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2014
Wow thank you for your great review. We are pleased to read you enjoyed your visit.
St Ives, United Kingdom
“Nice food”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Went for a family lunch. Something for everyone and well cooked, would be nice to see some lighter/ cheaper options for the lunch menu? Overall though a nice place to eat.

BirdiesBistro1, Owner at Birdies Bistro, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We will think about our menu options.