“Only because childs meal was very poor”
Review of Birdies Bistro

Birdies Bistro
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Lelant
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I am a local and have been to Birdies often. I took my son in law and grandson here for lunch and my son and husband. The grown up meals were excellent, good value for money, plentiful and freshly cooked. However the children's meals were terrible. My grandson had sausage, garlic bread and green beans. There was only one sausage and it looked of very poor quality. One slice of garlic bread and about 4 green beans. My son's meal was chicken, which was not much bigger than a gougon, garlic bread and salad. The salad just salad leaves, which had loads of salad dressing poured on it - not something children usually enjoy - I think he should have had the option to put his own dressing on if wanted. The portions were tiny - I think a toddler would have gone away hungry. Both boys were still hungry at the end of the meal. I mentioned the face to the waitress, specifically saying that I would rather tell them so they could sort it, rather than them get bad reviews on Trip Advisor. She said she was grateful for the feedback and would let chef know. When we left 10 minutes later, I deliberately sought the attention of the chef and waiteress, neither of which made any comment or than thank you. I had expected to be offered something - like more food or for the boys to be offered dessert, but no, we were just allowed to leave. I am very disappointed. They could so easily have remedied this, but clearly did not want to. I am not normally one to complain, and as I said, our food was delicious, but if a customer tells you their child is going home hungry, I would expect something to be offered to remedy the situation.

5  Thank Mommabee_Lynn
BirdiesBistro1, Owner at Birdies Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for your review, as explained to you in a private email I apologise for a lack of communication from the new front of house to the kitchen and also I hold my hands up as I did not inform the new chef on duty of the correct portion sizes for children's meals which should have been larger. We are pleased you enjoyed the rest of your meals and hope you take us up on the offer we gave you via private email again please accept our apology.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

An evening at Birdies was the best way to round off our fabulous holiday in Carbis Bay. The six of us enjoyed some perfectly chilled wine in the pretty garden before going in for our meal. Dinner was outstanding. The goat cheese and fig salad starter was absolutely delicious followed by Surf & Turf ( very generous portion) perfectly cooked, succulent steak and lovely garlicky prawns❤ The duck breast was also faultless, tasty, tender and cooked to perfection with a very yummy rosti and red cabbage! We were full to the brim after our main courses but were brave and tackled the heavenly deserts! This is a delightful and unique place to eat and we had a very warm welcome from Dom and his team. This will be a place we will be eating at every time we come down and we'll be recommending it highly to friends who visit the area! Thanks for a super evening! Simone Robinson

BirdiesBistro1, Owner at Birdies Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you Simone for your great review. We are pleased you enjoyed Birdies and your meals. Your review will be forwarded onto our team.
Look forward to seeing you again next time.
Birdies.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Went with, my friends Paul and Carol who live in Lelant to Birdies bistro, I have to say we had the warmest of welcomes from the Dom and his staff. Followed by the best food I have had in the 4 years I have been travelling on to this area. The quality of food, creative dishes and excellent presentation, thank you Dom. We were also treated to the beautiful singing from Just Millie. It's a must go if you are in this area if not still travel the effort is worth it!!

Thank you for taking the time to write your amazing review. Its always a pleasure to read such a lovely review, Thank you.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

A few months back I contacted the owner of Birdies to organise a meal for a high number of people, something the majority of restaurants in St Ives would refuse, but nothing was too much trouble!

A personalised menu for our evening was created after he had asked me a few food preference questions, for a set price per head. (At incredible value for money I might add, for three courses including 10 bottles of wine! Less than we would have paid in any St Ives restaurant)

The food was beautiful, with amazing portion sizes! I personally had goats cheese and fig salad to start which was one of the best salads I have ever had.
Followed by a perfectly cooked local steak with all of the accompaniments you could hope for.... I couldn't finish my main course, had to leave room for dessert, which I'm very glad I did!
The Lemon tart was also amazing, refreshing and creamy without being too heavy.

If the food being of such high quality wasn't enough, the service was also faultless. Friendly and attentive whilst never being too much.

The venue was immaculately clean, and as a mum, I couldn't help but notice the baby change area was stocked with items in case you had forgotten to bring something (we've all done it at some point).

I cannot rate this place high enough, from start to finish Birdies was a joy. If you haven't already, I recommend you try it!

Thank you so much for your great review and for taking the time to write it. We are pleased to hear you had a great evening at Birdies and we like to try hard to meet everyone's needs.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We called here for lunch as we were staying within walking distance.
It's very pretty inside, though you can also sit outside right by the estuary if you like.
We had a delicious meal and a nice bottle of rose wine.
Friendly staff and very good service.
We will call again next year when we come down for our annual holiday.

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review and for the 5 stars.
We look forward to welcoming you back next year.