“Fabulous location, great food and service”
Review of Birdies Bistro

Birdies Bistro
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Lelant
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I visited Birdies Bistro whilst on a family holiday with friends who lived locally. We had a wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable evening. The views were gorgeous as the tide came in, the menu had a good variety of choices for children and adults, and the food was all delicious.

The service was exemplary, lovely friendly and helpful people.

Definitely a recommended place to eat, relax and enjoy good food and company.

1  Thank Sandra W
BirdiesBistro1, Owner at Birdies Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2014

Thank you Sandra W for your great review of Birdies. We are pleased to read such positive comments especially regarding our staff too.
Thank you an hope to see you again on your next visit to cornwall.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I am a regular visitor to this area and found Birdies a refreshing change to the normal fare. I had the mackerel salad and to was fresh and really tasty. Very generous portion size too. The location is beautiful and I like the quirky deco. See u next time Birdies, I will definitely be returning!

Thank you ahdebbie fir your lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were here in the very early days and thought it would do well. So, as we drove past today was the first time the car park had not been full we popped in for a snack.
The place is as I said in my other reviews a splendid addition between the old quay house and Red (Old Black smithshop) offering a third option for those who are not pub folk or prefer middle market with good views,good food and sensible price.
Ample free car park
Fine views across to the Lelant Salting and of course the train to St.IVES
Should you be a keen bird watcher be aware that across the road toward St.Erth their is a shelter and of course both sides of the road you have RSPB sites.....so idea place to stop off.

2  Thank RoyL65
BirdiesBistro1, Owner at Birdies Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to read you enjoyed Birdies on your return visit.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My friends and I sometimes come here for breakfast, lunch or a coffee. The staff are very friendly. Recently I came here for breakfast and they cooked the bacon nice and crispy - just like I had asked! Lunches are good quality and very filling. I love the chicken burger. I prefer to come here on a warm,sunny day. On wet and cold days this place does lack the cosy factor. Will definitely keep coming back.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, its great to read you and your friends visit frequently.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We popped in to Birdies Bistro for a cup of tea. We were staying in Hayle with relatives for a holiday and noticed that Birdies is a new place and so decided to check it out. It's a beautifully shabby chic decked out cafe with a delicious menu, really friendly staff and a chilled out relaxed vibe and atmosphere. The best thing about this place was I stupidly left behind my bag with purse and other valuables inside and when I called them up, they had kept it safe - everything intact, and for that I am eternally grateful. Thank you to the fab and lovely honest staff. If you are in this neck of the woods, check this place out, the views over the estuary are stunning and you will receive a lovely welcome.

1  Thank Misssea2014

Thank you for your lovely review. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and that your bag was return to you safely.