“Steak tenderloin with bordelaise sauce was divine!”
Review of The Chanticleer

The Chanticleer
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Siasconset
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I guess it's not the cheapest restaurant on the island, but it's totally worth it! Plus we came here during the fall Nantucket restaurant week, so we had a good deal. The food is magnificent! As a starter I had the beets in combination with dark chocolate, raspberries, walnuts and goat cheese. A bit of a strange combination, but very tasty. Then, as a main, I had the steak tenderloin, which was just perfect! I have never had such a great tasting piece of meat before. And to finish it off I had the chocolate lava cake, which was very rich, but so good that I couldn't stop eating (even though I was already quite full...). :)

Besides the excellent food, the owner and waiters were very nice too and the ambience is very romantic, so a night out for two is very recommendable! Hope to come back here some day!

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Everyone's dinner was excellent and the ambiance was lovely! Our waiter Bob Dylan -aka Adam Levine- was great. Not inexpensive but worth it .We will be going back!!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Here is the deal - the difference in Nantucket between the best meal you've eaten and one that you'd care to forget is about $20 per person - not even the worst food is cheap there - trust me - we've found out the hard way. Eat big or eat home.

Wonderful food - simply prepared and clean, sharp flavors. Fresh ingredients and a hearty, warm welcome from all staff - nice wine list - you can get a wide variety of great wines for $10 - $12/glass. Prepare to take portions home and eat them before morning. Just as you think you are ready to leave, the subtle live base and piano start - this place is quietly hip, and doesn't try too hard. And the patrons don't either - which is key - see Summer House Reviews (ugh). If you have a choice (and you do!) this is it - hand's down.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Just had dinner here tonight. Everything was superb- food, service, atmosphere. Our waiter (Garret?) was charming and well informed on menu and wines. Had read reviews that food was overpriced- not the case! It's not cheap, but it's Nantucket and it was so worth the price. Already planning on coming back before we leave.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

We were very much looking forward to our trip back here this year. We were pleased with the food. The tartine starter had a lovely spice with just a small kick. My lamb bolognese was delicious and a nice portion size. My husband had the north African spiced chicken which was moist and delicious. Our experience fell far short with the service, and we are not snobs about this type of thing. Our main server was so quiet and awkward- we had to ask him to repeat himself several times. Maybe just inexperienced. We asked for the sommelier to come help us choose a wine and she went to the table behind is that was seated 10-15 minutes after us first. This resulted in our starter plates being delivered before we had even selected a bottle of wine. Then when I complained about this, she did hustle to our table and help us pick a wine. I've never had that happen before in a restaurant of this caliber. Maybe our server didn't tell her? Hard to know, but it did not seem they were running on all cylinders. The bill was expensive but not unexpected and not more so than other comparable dining establishments on the island. The atmosphere is lovely but I'm not sure I will make the trip here next year from town.