“Terrible service”

The Summer House Cottages
Boston, Massachusetts
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We had our wedding at the Summerhouse, over Memorial Day, right at the beginning of the 2013 season. Some of the issues we experienced might be related to the fact that the Summerhouse was just starting to get ready for the season.
We found it very difficult to get in contact with the owners and staff of the Summerhouse outside of the season. We left multiple emails, voice mails and did not get any responses for weeks. When calling the owner less than two weeks before our arrival, he was extremely rude, yelled at me and told me that he is under a lot of pressure and can’t speak to me.
When we arrived the staff tried their best to make time to discuss through our event. But the owner called them back (without even as much as greeting me) to tell them that they should focus on getting ready for the evening service.
The food was good, but in both occasions, brunch for approximately 15 people and the wedding dinner for 17 people, the warm dishes were served fairly cold.
The Summerhouse is considered to be one of the premium places to stay on the island and is priced accordingly. The cottages are fairly small and in some cases require update. We did not feel that this was compensated by any sort of high quality customer service.
In case you consider staying at the Summerhouse and cater an event, you may want to consider alternative locations.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Monika T
SummerHouseMgmt, Manager at The Summer House Cottages, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
We are very sorry that you did not receive the service you deserved on your wedding weekend. We pride ourselves on providing impeccable service to our guests, and I am extremely disappointed to hear that you didn't walk away from the Summer House feeling like you were taken care of. Again, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience. If you make it back to the Summer House, please email me at manager@thesummerhouse.com so I can see to it that your next experience is much improved.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I have been going to the Summer house since I was a little girl. My family loves it there. I always get treated like I'm coming home to family. Everybody remembers my name and greets me with a hug and big smile and kiss. Even the men down at the pool bar remember my favorite drink or lunch. The nice thing about Summer House is its menu changes and things are updated, but somehow they always stay the same. And their crab cakes are always the best! There's nothing like a summer night sitting in the restaurant after a nice day at the pool or the beach and being with family in a world where you don't feel like texting friends because you feel like your already with them!

Room Tip: The Cagney cottage is the best!