Orbitz.com
StayForLong
Agoda.com
Prestigia.com
2,937 results
All reviews golf course manor house stunning grounds two double beds chipping norton sauna and steam room spa break spa facilities walk in shower modern hotel biscuits brassey restaurant cotswolds bathrobes oxford
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I booked this stay on a deal and sadly my auntie died the day before I arrived. I nearly cancelled but I’m glad I didn’t as the peaceful tranquil surroundings and lovely staff lifted my spirits. Thanks for a lovely afternoon tea Denitsa

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vic1976
HPGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am terribly sorry to see of your loss. I am pleased to see that your stay lifted your spirits and that you enjoyed the afternoon tea and you were well looked after by our Staff Member, Denitsa.

I hope to see you stay with us again in the future for another peaceful stay.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Nice hotel, massive grounds, 1.5 mile long drive.
We had the fun of heavy snow before, during and after our visit, from we did see very scenic and lovely grounds. a cold 10 minute walk to use the leisure and spa facilities.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 425shauna

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and made the most of the snow. I am also pleased to see that you made good use of our facilities.

I hope to see you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I had high hopes for this stay because this hotel is a central point for many of my friends, and we were looking for a hotel for regular catch ups with one another.

It's a beautiful hotel in beautiful surroundings so on arrival, we were delighted.

Room - we booked a triple room which turned out to have two double beds. It was comfortable but we were there for a spa weekend and robes, slippers and glasses were missing. This took an hour and two calls to reception to sort. The room was comfortable and clean.

Dinner - the meal was fine until we attempted to leave the dining room. Our card details had not been swiped on arrival at check in (not our fault, we had prepaid our whole stay and were not asked for a card on arrival) but this meant the dining room staff did not want us to leave until we had paid for the bottle of wine we had had with dinner. We had no cash or cards on us and so we offered to go to the room and come back. It was at this point that the situation became weird and unpleasant......they did not want us to leave the dining room and come back so the staff member insisted on following us to our room. We entered our room, got our purses from the safe and before having time to do any more, the waitress was knocking at the door asking for the money. My friend rang reception to complain that someone was knocking our door and pressing us to pay a bill in this way late at night. It was likely the staff were disturbing other guests with this behaviour and we were embarrassed to be hounded in our room. A male member of staff arrived and stepped into the entrance of our room. He did not apologise for what was happening and explained he also wanted the payment there and then. Because he was standing in our doorway and it was confrontational, I told him to step back out of the room. I explained we would sort the money and that they would both need to wait a few minutes and I closed the door. We got the cash, opened the door and both members of staff had gone!

We went down to reception and attempted to pay. The man (same man) gave the impression he was pulling the bill up on the computer and we put the money down and waited. After a few minutes, it was evident he was not serving us at all. We were feeling heated and so I asked for the duty manager whom we were told was not on site. We were told the manager might be half an hour and we said we would wait for ten minutes (which we were told was unreasonable). He proceeded to call someone (we assumed the duty manager) and we waited. After ten minutes, we went back to our room (taking the money that they had been so desperate to take from us earlier).

At check out the next morning, we were given the bill for the bottle of wine which we paid. We asked if the hotel had any comment regarding the evening's events and the receptionist replied she had been told about the altercation as it had been on their cctv. I asked whether she was also aware that, prior to us coming to reception, both the waitress and the man on the reception desk had been knocking on our door demanding payment, and that we had had to ask the man to step out of our bedroom? Apparently this part was not on cctv. We asked why the hotel did not have a duty manager onsite and she replied that the man who had come to our room, ignored us at the reception desk, and called the duty manager in front of us, was in fact the duty manager. The receptionist said she'd feedback our complaint to her manager but no-one ever contacted us.

After checking out, we walked the not inconsiderable walk over to the spa, had a pretty decent massage, had a swim and left.

We paid £387 in advance for our stay and the hotel staff treated us like pariahs because we did not have £20 to hand at dinner. It was not our fault that our cards were not scanned on check in, nor was it our fault no-one told us during our meal that this would be an issue when we ordered the wine. No-one should have stood in the hall knocking on our door late at night demanding money nor then ignore us when we went to give the payment. I would have rated the hotel as 'excellent' if not for this incident.

If the hotel want to rectify the situation, they already know about the incident and have our contact details.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Kaelcl
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Hello Kaelcl,

I understand your sentiments about what happened during dinner and I'm sorry this negatively impacted your experience. Given the chance, I know that our hotel staff and management could have done better. Your comments will absolutely help our team to identify areas to improve on. I trust that they are committed to attain utmost guest satisfaction.

I'm glad that our hotel's location was favorable for your trip and that you found the room to your liking. We are always pleased when your expectations are exceeded. If you happen to be in the area again, I hope that you'll give us another try! Again, thanks for staying with us.

Until next time,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. We stayed in the old mansion and my room was huge. Beds comfy. Atmosphere was lovely and the staff helpful. We had a evening meal and again food was first rate, cooked perfect and the wine went down well. Breakfast on the Sunday again was very nice. Only a shame we could not make most of the grounds but that was due to the heavy snow we had the few days before.
A great night in a Lovely place

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank remal963
HPGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see that you found your room to be comfortable and that you found our hotel to have a good atmosphere, also that our staff were helpful.

It is great to see that you enjoyed your evening meal and found the food to be to your liking. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the offering for breakfast as well.

I am sorry to see that you were not able to enjoy a walk across our grounds due to previous weather conditions, but I hope to see you stay with us again soon so that you are able to see all that Heythrop Park has to offer.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

A girls weekend away and we have to say that the service from the staff was faultless. We took the spa package and had 3 course dinner and breakfast and it was of a very high standard and the waiting staff were the most efficient I have experienced and could not do enough for us to make it a pleasurable time.. It was bitterly cold, but we did venture out and the grounds are stunning. The old part of the hotel is steeped in history and we had a lovely evening after dinner in front of the roaring fire in the majestic main hall and strolled into the Wedgewood room. On the Sunday we had the large pool virtually to ourselves and were able to relax in the warm waters and use the steam room and sauna. We said that we will be back later in the year so we can visit Blenheim Palace and Bicester. This weekend was all about relaxing with friends and enjoying a good nights stay with good food. Thank you to everyone.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank 177sunshine

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am so pleased to see that you were impressed by our staff’s faultless service. I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience and that you found our staff in the Restaurant to be efficient.

I am pleased you were able to enjoy a walk around our resort despite the cold weather. I am also pleased that you enjoyed your evening in front of the fire in the Heythrop Park Hotel Foyer.

It is great to see that you made good use of our facilities during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the future.