StayForLong
Agoda.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
2,937 results
All reviews golf course manor house stunning grounds two double beds chipping norton sauna and steam room spa break spa facilities walk in shower modern hotel biscuits brassey restaurant cotswolds bathrobes oxford
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I've been coming along to Heythorp for many years. Customer service has always been good, but at the weekend it looks like they've employed new bunch of staff.
A young brunette no more than 14-15 with a ton of make up on was very rude to me and other guests putting her nose up to them, to top it of having a agrument with staff swearing & shouting. What sort of service are you giving? Please sort this out, it would be a shame to lose custom over unprofessional staff.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Faithandfortune
HPGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am pleased to see that previously you have found our customer service to be good, however in this occasion I am sorry to see that we fell short of your expectations. I have past your comments onto each department who will feed your comments back to all staff members so they can reiterate how important customer service is and how to correct converse with our guests. I am sincerely sorry that you experienced our staff swearing and shouting.

Please contact me on JMakai@heythroppark.co.uk if do consider staying with us again and I will do all I can to ensure that you are well looked after.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Nice area and grounds that’s about it. Unhelpful staff during check in and beds were terrible. Called up front desk and informed that all beds the same and no other rooms to switch to.
After reading other reviews was glad did not have any meals in the hotel besides breakfast. Even that was poor with limited selection

Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank HanaC313

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am sorry to see that you were not satisfied with your recent stay with us. It saddens me that our reception team did not offer the help you were looking for with a change to the bed within the room. We regularly get great feedback with regards to our breakfast selection, I am sorry that this did not appeal to you.

I do hope you would consider staying with us again so we can have an opportunity to show you that this is not typical of our hotel.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Beautiful grounds, nice location. I requested a room with windows that open due to suffering claustrophobia and was given a ground floor basement room that opened out onto the garden which was helpful.

The public areas, lounge and bars, restaurant weren't very welcoming or comfortable in appearance, so didn't encourage you to linger. They are very dated in decor compared to Park Plaza hotels I usually stay in, i.e. Central London County Hall or Waterloo which are the same rating, but seem a much higher standard are much more modern and have nicer toiletries, i.e. elemis.

Didn't eat in main hotel restaurant as nothing on menu appealed to us that night, but we did visit the newly opened steak house on site which was ok but was very basic. No steak sauces, no dessert menu available, no cream for dessert, for example. Seating too low for the tables so had to sit on cushions. Breakfast at hotel was ok though.

Rang room service as didn't have tea bags in our room on arrival and it took half an hour for them to bring some. Rang them on our 2nd morning as they hadn't provided enough milk to make tea in the room and room service advised they were too busy to bring any as they were serving breakfast!!

Reception staff were Very friendly and helpful.
Wifi non existent in our room, number OO9 but Was told this was due to thunderstorms previous night, but we had hot weather over 20 degrees for 2 days and didn't have wifi at all during our stay which is totally Unacceptable.

Doubt we will visit this particular hotel again, although I will continue to stay at other hotels in the chain.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank MisJoules

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed both our grounds and location. It is very good to see that our Reception were able to allocate you a room to accommodate your claustrophobia.

I am sorry to see that you felt our public areas, including the bar and restaurant were not welcoming and made you feel like you did not want to spend time in these areas. I have fed this back to management so that when we come to refreshing these areas, we can look into altering the appearance of them.

I am sorry to see that you did not find anything you would enjoy on our menu. I am also sorry to see that you were not overly pleased with you experience in the Steak House as there was not any steak sauces or dessert menus for you to have a look though.

It is saddening to see that you room was not stocked with all the amenities you would expect to see in your room. I am deeply sorry that Room Service were not able to assist you with delivering more milk to the room, I do hope that you contacted our reception team who would have been able to get more milk to your room.

I am pleased to see that you found our reception staff to be helpful. I hope they were able to assist you with any of the issues that you faced during your stay with us.

We are currently in the process of having our Wi-Fi download speeds increased to 200mbps, this could have been the cause for the lack of Wi-Fi within your room, I am terribly sorry that lack of Wi-Fi impacted your stay with us.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We will use your comments to coach our teams to improve the services we are providing.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

It was a pleasant drive up and into the grounds of Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park, our moods were up as it was a birthday holiday for my wife.
However check in was disappointing, as the room given was not per the booking (family room double beds type as we were family with 2 young kids), when we went back down the reception - an apology was made and was sent to the right room type but this time the room had no air conditioning.
Lugged all our luggages down to reception again and was given another room on another floor, this time we were given a wrong room type 2+1 bed.
Had to send my husband down as we cannot be lugging all our luggages + 2 young kids again in a “creaky” lift (mind you only 1 was functioning and it seems that it takes forever for the lift to come)
Finally we were put into a decent room that accommodates the family, we were happy with the room except that when my wife saw that there was a platter of birthday chocolate and macaroon with rotten strawberry - it was more disappointing as well it was obviously her birthday and we knew that was not for us definitely ( probably left by the previous room occupant).
Bad experience to start off a birthday retreat.
Another negative point is that there were insects / mosquitoes - plenty of them.... which we had to kill off.

Other than that, breakfast was fine, kids enjoyed the movie in the evening to keep them occupied.

Stayed at other Crowne Plazas in Asia and this one has been the most disappointing stay - made up only by the grounds and the greenery around.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank butterfly_flutters

Dear Guest,

I believe I have already responded to your review directly, but thank you once again for leaving us your feedback.

We are using your comments to coach our teams to provide better service to all guests.

Thank you again for your comments and feedback.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Came for a business conference. Staff were all very polite and helpful...couldn't fault the service.
Evening meal was good. Breakfast forgettable.
Room was clean ...pretty tiny ( Shrewsbury wing) so would Nov be much good if you were staying as a couple. It was all quite tired and incredibly air less

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback.

I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is great to see that our staff made a positive impact on your stay with us with their politeness and helpfulness. It is also very nice to see that you enjoyed your evening meal, I am sorry that breakfast was not memorable. I will be sure to pass this on to our Head Chef and our Restaurant team so they can use your comments to make any changes to improve what we offer. I am pleased you found your room to be clean despite being small. I am sorry to see that you feel the hotel is tired and airless.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.