“SUCKS”

Chad's Chowder House
Ranked #15 of 53 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Chowder sucks,one small piece of clam in the "clam cakes"....should be called batter cakes.......they suck!

1  Thank jeep1259

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Very affordable. Seafood Bisque is wonderful; but filling. Good lobster roll. On weekend however they run out of 'baked stuffed scallops'. I really wanted that! You won't be hungry.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

The food is good, the chowder is the only great thing. I will never go back due to the owner being extremly rude and speaking down to her customers. The customers are always right do not apply here. I am just amazed on the poor service by the owner"president" of this dinner. The prices are not that reasonable either the owner told me she doubles what is cost to buy and make.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

I ate at this place because its near brayton point. I ordered a bowl of clam chowder and some baked haddock. The chowder was excellent. The fish was okay. The sides were okay as well. It was fairly busy at noon. I would cme back again. Make sure you have cash because they're not set up for leaving a tip on the credit card.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

We were going to get take-out from another seafood restaurant, but they were closed on Sunday evening, so we ordered from Chads.
They were good, but the quality and quantity is not as good as some of the other local seafood places.
Chowder was good, but not great. Clamcakes are a bit small - try the portuguese clam cakes - with chourico in addition to the clams- they were very tasty.
The fish and chips was again good, but not great. The portions were small based on the price.
Not our favorite, and we will likely not return. Next time, if our seafood place is closed, we'll get pizza.

Been to Chad's Chowder House? Share your experiences!