“Don't make a special trip”
Review of 3 Little Figs

3 Little Figs
Ranked #21 of 315 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This little bakery cafe is the best thing that's happened to that storefront in years. It's usually full of hip folk who like the notion of a lavender biscuit and don't mind that there are only 5 sandwich selections. I personally find the staff to be slightly supercillious and the service to be excruciatingly fussy and slow (how many times do you really need to rearrange the cookies before you ask me how you can help?). But I am probably not what they consider their core customer base. So, if you live close by stop in and try the fig and pear scone (which is a winner), but don't go ot of your way. There's nowhere for you to sit (or park), anyway.

1  Thank LisaD47

Reviewed 18 November 2013

One of my favorite ways to start the day is with greek yogurt with fruit and granola. 3 Little Figs had the best greek yogurt I have ever had -thick and neither too tart nor too sweet but just right. The coffee was also quite good (I had an Americano). The place is small but other customers were friendly and moved around, if they could, to accommodate larger parties. We shared a scone and a muffin, which were terrific.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

A very nice family-run place, small, but fine. There are a few seats outside. I had a delicious latte and a yummy scone. Nice location with free parking on Highland.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

A warm, welcoming family-owned place. My only issue: My espresso drinks are always lukewarm! There's a lot of VERY precise measuring of everything here (measuring cups, thermostats). It's the America's Test Kitchen approach to food preparation; I watched someone making a pitcher of lemonade as though it were a science experiment. Maybe the thermostats on the coffee machine need to be inspected by the Bureau of Weights and Measures? I repeat that it is a lovely place and deserves its high reviews and I have nothing against the scientific method. I just like my coffee really hot (as that is one of the joys in life, as Peter Falk so beautifully expressed it in "Wings of Desire" [To those who say, these days, that coffee must be drunk lukewarm for its full flavor to come out, I say: You are misplacing your connoisseurship, and really need to discover the joys of wine. Let coffee be hot. Please).

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Mediterranean inspired food like thick greek yogurt and honey or an egg sandwich with feta and arugula. The lavender biscuits are AMAZING. It's family owned (and operated) with a welcoming environment and excellent food and coffee.