“Missed Sebastian but Everything Else Was Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morrison House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Somerville
Morrison House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Somerville B&B and Inns
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Missed Sebastian but Everything Else Was Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Morrison House. The front garden and exteriors were well kept and charming, the house spotless, the bed comfortable, and the breakfasts delicious. My husband and I are vegans and were grateful we could opt for a vegan menu. Each item in the bowl of berries and melon served for breakfast was perfectly sweet. Clearly, Ron and Lynde know how to select fruits at the peak of ripeness.

The only downside I can think of was not seeing the Sebastian the cat. Maybe next time… :-)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BostonTraveler950

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

I booked at The Morrison House for my first visit to Boston and was so delighted that it lived up to all my hopes for the trip. The place and people are warm, friendly and very ready to chat about your needs and expectations. The room was very comfortable and despite being the smallest room available when I booked met all my needs very well. The concept of having breakfast around one table for all the guests was great as it encouraged conversation and sharing of Boston experiences. The fact that the house could so easily be reached from the airport and was ideally placed for access into the centre of Boston was a huge and very convenient plus. I have already been recommending The Morrison House to family, friends and acquaintances should they wish to visit Boston. The fact that I was there at the time of the Boston Marathon and the appalling bombing incident, and that my experience of the B&B was as above, speaks legions for the place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

From the online reservation process to when I reluctantly left for the airport, everything about my stay at Morrison House was lovely. I had the Boston Room with private bath which was very comfortable and quiet. I much enjoyed getting to know the other guests at the breakfast table and am still thinking about the delicious breads & spreads! Location is perfect, Ron and Linde are gracious hosts, Sebastian the cat is a charmer, and Morrison House itself looks exactly like the pictures. Will certainly stay again when next in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

Love the Morrison House! Ron and Lynde take care of every detail. The first year we arrived it was misting rain. After a tiring day of travel, we walked the short distance to the house from the “T” and were welcomed by Lynde and the warm delicious smells of fresh baked goodies. We were "home” for the weekend. The rooms are comfortable and cozy, with a corkscrew and wine glasses at the ready. Breakfast offers several kinds of bread and a different home baked specialty of Lynde's every day, along with bowls of freshly prepared fruit, coffee, tea and an assortment of other tasty treats. Ron is there to make sure you have everything you need, especially hot chocolate for the kiddos. The house has been beautifully remodeled and retains its Victorian feel. It is well located and close to the "T." No matter how tired you are at the end of your adventures, a hot cup of tea and a warm, comfy bed are waiting for you.

Room Tip: Some rooms have their own bathrooms, but others share one down the hall. Sebastian the house cat wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

I have stayed here twice for 3 nights each visit. The rooms are great, location fantastic, prices reasonable, but the Ron and Linda seem poorly suited to the task of hosts. They were not warm welcoming or friendly. One morning when I asked to add my daughter (who goes to school at Tufts) for breakfast, Linda made such a fuss that disturbed the entire breakfast room resulting in my daughter in tears. We left without breakfast. I had high hopes for this place but the grumpy hosts need to improve their social behavior. I am going to stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Janet A
TravelGeekBoston, Owner at Morrison House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
I like to think that most of our guests find us friendly and responsive. Every now and then, though, someone comes along who really seems to push our buttons, and we probably don't treat them with as much courteousness as we should. I am sorry about that, and I hope that it is a rare occurrence.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

I was thrilled that I chose to stay at the Morrison House. Ron and Linde were wonderful hosts, the house and my room were so clean and comfortable, and the location was great. Breakfast was good, and Ron made me a wonderful pot of coffee each morning. The Morrison House is a short walk to the train at Davis Square, so the proximity to Boston is great. There are a lot of great restaurants around Davis Square, just a short walk away. I will be staying there again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for your kind words! We look forward to your return.
Alachua, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

There are so many positive things to say about Morrison House that I almost don't know where to begin. First off, let me say that from the moment of my arrival, Ron greeted me and made me feel right at home. He is a wonderful host and takes great pride in his business and his home. I arrived in the afternoon and made myself a mug of green tea. I was able to take it up to my room and was provided with a tray. Ron makes it his business to make sure all his guests are comfortable. No amenity is omitted. There are water and wine glasses in each room. Cold water containers are in the fridge,There are french press carafes for easy coffee preparation and breakfast is absolutely exquisite. Linda bakes scones that melt in your mouth and believe me, I had trouble eating just one! The house is very quiet if you need R & R. I I enjoyed the first snowfall of the year and savored every moment. I am a transplanted Floridian so I really savor the snow.. . It snowed all night and that was lovely because I was too pooped to go out anyway. I think that Morrison House is a great value for the money and I give it a perfect TEN!

Room Tip: Every room is fine. I stayed in the small "Bunny Room" as every room has a theme. Shari...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow, what a warm and thorough review. We hope that we see a lot of you in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerville
Porter Square Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville
Hotel Tria
Hotel Tria
#15 of 20 in Cambridge

Been to Morrison House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!