“Disappointing”
Review of Vinny's at Night

Vinny's at Night
Reserve with OpenTable
Vinny's at Night is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 311 Restaurants in Somerville
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Somerville, Vinny's serves the best in Sicilian-style cooking, made only with the finest ingredients. Our Dinner and Lunch entrees are superb, and our new breakfast menu is sure to satisfy. Along with a wide choice of Wines, Vinny's has a full bar as well as the best desserts this side of the North End. Our premium deli sandwiches are available all day, as well as Meals To Go, subs and catering. Come on down and enjoy your next meal here at Vinny's.
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We ordered pasta dishes. It was $1 extra for home-made pasta, which is surprising considering this is supposed to be an authentic Italian restaurant. Shouldn't all the pasta be homemade? The tomato sauce tasted like it was from a can. I could make a better Italian meal at home. Overpriced and poor food quality.

1  Thank Mary G

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We went to Vinny's to Attend the Cavalia horse show nearby. Based on tripadvisor and friends comments, we expected an above average meal and service. This is a subshop with a back restaurant, not unlike an excellent Italian restaurant in Charlestown. The food was not anywher e as good, only average for any local family restaurant, pasta a bit over cooked, too much of an average sauce, lamb ok, desserts, standard deli, at over $45 per person with house wine (nearly OK), this is a poor value.

There was a 15% discount offered with evidence of tickets to attend the show and we were forced to show the owner the coupon offer on the web as well as let them copy a ticket to get the discount. Checking my charge, they reversed the VISA charge to remove the discount. Service was good and we left a 20% tip (she did an excellet job with the service and trying to apply the discount in fixing the charge with the owner) on the full charge. The food was good and perhaps the better of the area, but the film-flam is not acceptable and I would caution everybody on charges or pay only in cash.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I didn't expect much when I saw the place. We had a party of 8 and the food was uniformly excellent. Will be going back even though it isn't in my neighborhood.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I am a little bias here because I have been going to Vinny's practically since it opened pretty much know everyone there.Many years ago I went for the subs they make the best Italian sub around later it was the Tuesday Special "Pan Fried Chicken Sub". I started taking dates here and then family and friends. Everyone loves it and thanks me for bringing them there. My sister will go out of her way to eat here and they take quarts of Gravy (Sauce) back home to NH with them. This place never disappoints.

1  Thank johnro6659
Reviewed 20 July 2013

It was cozy in this older neighborhood. Good food, good service. I would go there again if it were convenient for me.