“My choice for shows”

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“My choice for shows”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

cheap tickets (even in primetime, waaaay cheaper than a retail cinema), beer wine and a good snack selection.

they have a selection of live shows and performances that are worth attending, as well. Right next to the train and public parking. Can't fault them for the movie selection (thats hollywoods problem) but when there is one worth seeing, I go here to see it.

Visited November 2013

Gloucester, MA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Historic theater with great acoustics and amenities, small seats”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is a great place to see a concert; good sight lines from all around and excellent acoustics. They serve better-than-average snacks and good beer. The walls and ceiling are very pretty. The seats themselves are comfortable, but on the small side. I am not tall and my knees were touching the seat in front of me; my husband's knees were squashed up against the back of the seat in front of him and he was very uncomfortable. We were in the lower balcony; I am not sure if the seats in the orchestra section might have more leg room.

Visited November 2013
Medford, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Theatre, seats need some work”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I love this theatre. I like being able to get a beer for the show. I like that it is locally owned. I like that the staff seem to like what they do and are friendly. And I like that it is right in Davis Square. My friends and I would rent their micro-theatre and do all-day movie marathons, it was awesome!

But. The screens are a bit small. The chairs in the main theatre are not the best. And they recently upped the price of renting out their micro-theatre, putting it out of our price range.

It's a great theatre I am glad is around, and I plan to keep coming here for years to come. I hope they can do some renovations soon, though.

Visited October 2013
San Diego, California
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Historic Davis Square staple”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This theater has been around for decades. It used to have one big screen in the main auditorium but now has several screens. They serve homemade ice cream at their concession stand. Yum! They also host live music in the main theater. It's just a great and eclectic place to visit. It's right in the heart of Davis Square. Reasonable prices. They often get special engagement films as well. The main auditorium has maintained its authentic charm. Great accoustics.

Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Get a beer and enjoy a great flick in the main hall!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've been to this theatre a bunch of times for shows- both music and comedy- but I always enjoy seeing a movie here. They rotate a good mix of mainstream flicks to being a part of the Boston International Film Festival. I love the main hall with its illustration, balcony seating, and old-feel. I cherish having places like this to visit and highly recommend their beer selection too.

Visited August 2013