“Over priced and dirty !!!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Somerville
Ballston Spa, New York
“Over priced and dirty !!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The toilet handle was broken and they said they would fix it but never did .... The towels has something on them like makeup or dirt and they rehung them to try to hide it'(( also the price is extremely expensive !!!! And they said it was because they were one on the top rated hotels uhgggg I would NEVER STAY THERE #worstdirtyexpensivehotel........

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Belleville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family and I traveled to Boston and stayed at La Quinta. There were 4 of us (my two sons, my wife and I) and we found the hotel to be close enough to Boston yet not nearly as expensive as downtown. The rooms were clean, the free breakfast was good (not great but satisfied my needs). A 5 minute hotel shuttle took us to and from the subway everyday and we had a pleasant visit.

Room Tip: We had two queens beds on the 7th floor which satisfied the four of us.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Compared to hotels in Boston area, this is a great value. We were on campus tour for MIT, which was just minutes away. If you're interested in a city tour, the tour bus picks you up at the hotel but you must arrange your own transport back to hotel. Still, it's a great option to have.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This nice hotel is convenient to Boston and Logan airport. Free shuttle service to the airport or MGH and the T. Full self serve breakfast is included in the reasonable rates. The service is good and efficient.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed there for a week on a research trip, and while it was okay as far as hotels go, I would not have expected to pay $150 a night (AAA) for the room we had, except that it's in Boston. It was clean enough as far as that goes, but when we arrived we were assigned to a room that was still being cleaned. I went downstairs and we got moved to another room, but if there are clean rooms, why are rooms that are still being cleaned given to guests? I called ahead and asked about a refrigerator, and they said they had one - and technically they did, but I had a bigger fridge in my dorm room, so don't plan on bringing much. They have a shuttle service, but unless you're going to the airport it isn't worth it. It runs from the hotel to Sullivan Station, about a mile or a mile and a half one way "on the hour." They will tell you it is on the hour - it's more like at 10 after. Plus, when you come back, they want you to call and let them know to pick you up - once you reach the station. In part, this is because the shuttle only runs when it is requested, so essentially they're sending someone to pick you up, and instead of just picking up when you need them, they wait until the hour to send it (so if you are in Sullivan Station at 11:05 you won't be picked up until noon - but it's free, so I guess you get what you pay for in this instance. It is located within walking distance of a couple of restaurants and shopping area, and it's definitely walkable to get to the MBTA station, but not the best hotel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rebecca Z
Shanghai, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

In the first room I was given, the main door could not be even be locked (!) and the phone did not work, so I had to get downstairs carrying all my luggage again. The new room was barely ok. Always with the old aircon blowing frozen wind (you have to wait about 30 secs after you press the OFF button)
Problem: there was no hot water! It was late and I did not want to complain again. I got to sleep - it was difficult as all the neighours had the water of their bath running, desesperately trying to get hot water. On the next day, I was told one equipment had broken, which explained the absence of hot water. Not sure this was true.

But my disappointment - appart from the fact that I could not have a shower before my 18 hours flight - was:

- Nobody informed me in time there was no hot waterx;
- The bill slipped under my door was <at full rate> (by that time they knew there was a pbm with hot water); Overall, the hotel, especially the public areas looks dirty, especially the elevator (dust in every corner, drink spilled on the door, sticky floor) and the corridors (strange odor).
In the first room I was given, the main door could not be locked (!) and the phone did not work, so I had to get downstairs with all my luggage again. The new room was barely ok. Always with the old aircon blowing frozen wind (it turns off 30 secs after you press the OFF button).
Problem: no hot water! t was late and I did not want to complain again. Next day, I was told one equipment was broken. Not sure this was true.

- Nobody informed me in time there was no hot water

- I understand breakdowns can heppen, but nobody informed me in time there was no hot water;
- The bill was slipped under my door <at full rate> (by that time they knew there was a pbm with hot water); does anyone expect to pay 173 USD for a room without hot water ?
- No follow-up e-mail to say sorry, nor any discount for the inconvenience was offered, despite the fact that I left my e-mail address at the check-out and expressed my disappointment.

Very poor value overall. Next time I will pay more but get a REAL hotel.

Room Tip: Check your front door can be locked before you get out!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David B
Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed at the Somerville location in March 2014 and based on that experience, we decided to stay there again. We were surprised to be facing the raunchy stale odor of cigarettes in both of their elevators which also looked like they could stand a thorough cleaning of the walls and floors. It was disappointing to see the breakfast offerings with no attention to restocking even the basics like English muffins and condiments. When you bring it to their attention, they respond with little more than small rations. If your hotel is full or close to capacity, act accordingly!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Gerd S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerville
Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill
Freepoint Hotel
Freepoint Hotel
#16 of 20 in Cambridge
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville? Share your experiences!