“Great hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Somerville
htx
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed this hotel. It was very clean and there was a shuttle that went to the train station every hour and also 24 hour shuttle service from the airport. The rooms were comfortable and there were new towels everyday provided. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was enjoyable as well and the self serve waffles always tasted delicious. The hotel is also walking distance from a restaurant and stores like TJ Maxx and Kmart and Bed, Bath, and Beyond across the street. The hotel staff is friendly and is always eager to help. Sure it's not a 5 star hotel or anything but for the price of this hotel, it's surely unbeatable.

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The room itself felt dated, however the bed was extremely comfortable. Continental breakfast could have more of a selection as other chains have a larger selection. Shuttle service to airport was great.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank 851joannef
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I looked for hotels near downtown. Its not that far specially the Sullivan Square station is very close and it takes only 15 min to get to Downtown crossing station. When I returned, I could walk to hotel from Sullivan station. But they have shuttle from the station which does not run after 10Pm though. The airport shuttle runs every hour 24/7. I did not know that so I came to hotel by shared van. Breakfast stays longer than I thought which was good for me as a late sleeper. In room phone was giving me trouble but they responded very well when I let them know. Wireless internet was good. I smell cigarette near the bathroom even though I was in a non-smoking room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

PA
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Three of us girls traveled to Salem, MA on Saturday, August 2, 2014. Our Sunday & Monday plans were to go into Boston and stay 2 nights at LaQuinta in a 2 bedroom suite. Since we finished our touring in Salem early - we thought - instead of trying to find a hotel around Salem why not call LaQuinta and see if we could get our suite one night early. I proceeded to phone the number on my confirmation sheet and spoke to an Elizabeth. I explained we had a two night reservation but would the suite be available tonight. She said oh yes, you can have the suite for the three nights. So we went to the hotel. We get there showed them the confirmation sheet for the two nights and said Elizabeth told us you had the suite available for tonight also. The girl was rude and said they were sold out, they have no Elizabeth but she just received a cancellation if we wanted that room. I said the suite, right - she said no - it is one queen bed. I said there are three of us - how do we all sleep in one queen bed - and why not the suite Elizabeth said you had available. With an attitude - she said again said there by that name and what number did I call. I showed her the number, which was this hotel's number. She said, oh it must have went to a general reservation area. I am thinking - don't their computers speak to one another? We were so tired (we had been traveling since 6 am) we took the room and wanted a cot. Again, rudely she said she did not think they had one. She knew I was getting upset, she went to the back and she and a gentleman came out. They had a cot and because of the mix-up they were not going to charge us for the cot. I was furious - for LaQuinta to screw this up and then they thought they were doing us a favor not to charge us the $10.00. So, we get to the room. Dirty - stuff in corners in the closet area and when the upstairs or next door people used their water - the noise of it running came through our sink. The room was soooo tiny - putting the three of in there and a cot was horrible. Now the price - what a shocker - we were going to pay $184.00 a night for a two bedroom suite, plus tax for a total of like $217.00. For that dinky one bed room they charged us $184.00 plus the tax or $217.00. I questioned the rate - not believing a two bedroom suite and a one queen bed room would be the same. The girl, again with an attitude said - the Boston Red Sox are playing at home and we can charge whatever we want and you already got a $25 break on the price with your AAA card.

I could not believe a hotel chain could screw up so badly and that desk people could be so rude. We are from PA, we don't know what baseball teams are playing where and when. We were there to see Boston. So, on Sunday morning - after having a terrible night at the hotel - we cancelled out two nights at LaQuinta and went into Boston, saw what we wanted and went down the road and got a hotel - much cleaner and more then 1/2 the price less then the LaQuinta.

So, if things are true to form - if you go to Boston - you make a reservation with LaQuinta apparently you have to make sure the Boston Red Sox are not playing and make sure there is nothing else going on to attract people to the area because you will be price high-jacked and if you have to make a change - and you phone the hotel - someone will give you an ok and when you arrive they will give you grief because the technology for communicating via computers must be antiques. I thought they would do better since their CEO was on TV telling the world that they are now on the stock market and they are expanding their hotels. LaQuinta - you can keep your hotels!!!

Room Tip: From our experience - there is not a good room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank donkey92
pembroke, nh
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here for a night with our grandchildren. The room was okay, not terrible, but not great either. There was a pull out couch for the second bed but we had to go and find limens and blankets for it as it wasn't ready. The toilet paper holder didn't work, the didn't work kind that is annoying and only turns for one square of toilet paper at a time. There was noise from something in the hotel all night. It sounded like maybe the laundry room or something maintenance related. So loud it woke us up in the night. Breakfast was so crowded, garbage was overflowing, some foods were not availableas there was only one person as the breakfast person. Doesn't seem like it was worth the $240 we paid for the one night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Comfortable and well-managed, and very pet friendly. 99 Restaurant across the parking lot convenient, and small but growing mall across the street an added advantage. Decent price considering the outrageous cost of hotels in the Boston area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank JudithRL
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The location of this hotel in proximity to the downtown Boston area was great and the hotel shuttle drops you off at the subway station. Problem is the shuttle only runs "on the hour". We arrived back to the subway station at 8:10 pm and had to wait almost an hour at night for the shuttle to return. The breakfast was sufficient but the desk staff was not very friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerville
Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill
Freepoint Hotel
Freepoint Hotel
#18 of 20 in Cambridge
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville? Share your experiences!