“Food heaven in blue collar Somerville”
Review of Pescatore

Pescatore
Ranked #80 of 313 Restaurants in Somerville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Pescatore is an Italian seafood lover's dream, especially for people from a place such as New Mexico, where excellent seafood is a special treat! Small, quiet and romantic with attentive service. Pescatore offers beautifully prepared and presented Italian pastas with seafood. My wife loved the lobster ravioli; I loved the seafood risotto. Ummmmm. Decent wine list and very reasonable prices. It is worth a little effort to find it near the intersection of Broadway and Boston streets.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

When four Italians (three born and brought up there) are unanimous in their praise of the quality of the food in a restaurant that offers Italian dishes only, it says a lot about just how good it is! Even the basket of bread deserves high praise. The Fusili Amalfi (Fra Diablo, of course) was simply delicious, with a sauce that made me sop up what was left with some of the aforementioned bread! The crabcake appetizer with the straw onions was and inspired and delectable start to the meal. The wine list is eclectic, and reasonably priced. Do yourself a favor, and visit there soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is a fantastic find. You get North End-quality food for just a little bit more than the surrounding Somerville restaurants. I like taking my parents here, the food is always good and we have a fantastic time.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We were a party of 5 out for dinner. Decided to give this place a try. Two in our party decided to try the one of the specials on the menu, the cioppino. The swordfish steak, risotto pescatore and the fusilli amalfi were also ordered. We waited for our meals for about 25-30 even though the retaurant was only half full. At first, when we saw our dishes arrive, they looked great. I couldn't wait to dig in. My first bite caught me totally by surprise. Pasta was not hot and it almost seemed like they forgot to add the seasonings!! I tried the cioppino and it was like eating a can of Chef Boyardee without any seasoning added. I see some reviews where people love this place so makes me think whoever was ccoking tonight had an off day. The only good thing was the wine. Service was ok. We were totally disappointed and will not be back for a second try.

1  Thank hab02026
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The menu is extensive, with many combinations of seafood and pasta (also meat). The restaurant is gluten free friendly and many dishes can be made without wheat. They have GF pasta. I had the cioppino and the portion was huge. My husband had the homemade fusilli with seafood, which was also excellent.He had enough left to make a generous lunch. Prices are generally $18-$22. A hidden gem.