“Dry dry dry”

Ranked #2 of 16 Bakeries in Somerville
Price range: US$1 - US$20
“Dry dry dry”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I had never been there and decided to stop in for coffee and cookies. The coffee was bad and I was shocked at how dry the cookies were. I also found the owner to be abrupt and a bit rude. Clearly favoring her friends and regulars. I'm afraid this place is not at the level of Petsi's! I'm so surprised at the high reviews by some.

1 Thank Gingernai

Boston, Massachusetts
“Cakes, Cupcakes, Donuts and more and more”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have been going to the Somerville location for years. On a regular basis I go on Saturday Mornings to buy donuts for the crew that comes to my house for coffee and donuts every Sat.
There are any where from 6 to 9 people and we all agree that the donuts from Lyndell's Bakery are some of the best in the area. When you get a filled donut like Jelly or Lemon Lyndells really loades them up. The glazed are fully glazed unlike many donut places. They use to have apple fritters on a regular basis but now I only see the fritters sporadically. I wish the apple fritters where weekly as they are delicious. All the other items in the bakery are great and made with great care. You can see a lot of the bakery activity from the front of the store. They also have a selective assortment of very fine mini-pastries. Highly recommend this bakery.

• Visited April 2014
North Andover, Massachusetts
“Yum”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Cakes, black and white cookies, donuts, breads. Everything is fresh and tasty. Don't forget to pull a number once your inside the door.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Paul G
“too sugary!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This review is based solely on the numerous cakes and cupcakes I have had from here... I know they sell a variety of cookies but I haven't tried them. The frosting on the cake is SO sugary. I like sweet stuff but this is overwhelmingly so. The cake itself could be a little moister, and the frosting is just overpowering. That being said, they make really good brioche dinner rolls!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jill W
Jackson, New Hampshire
“The best!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The best mocha cakes ever!!! My husband drives 6 hours round trip every year to get me Lyndell's mocha cakes for my birthday!

• Visited November 2013