“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Somerville
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Staying here for a medical appointment and the hotel is super nice. Great beds, water temp & pressure, didn't eat at the restaurant (really pricey). The area looks a little rough but I felt safe. Also the air wasn't working and someone was up to look at it within 5 mins of the call to the front desk.

Room Tip: The automatically charge $50 to your credit card "in case" you eat at the restaurant or so...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Terri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for your review! We are honored to be called a great hotel, and we love taking care of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Thai first
West Pittston, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a nice place to stay, but during our stay we were woke up around 1:30 am because the people in the next room decided to put their television on at that time. It woke both of us out of a sound sleep. Then around 5 am, it sounded like someone was loading and picking up dumpsters across the street at a business. That went on for a little while but much too early. The hotel is definitely not noise free. It seems to have been recently updated but could use a fan in the bathroom. NO FAN AT ALL !!!! The bed is comfy, the building and rooms seem to be very well kept as far as cleaned. The only problem besides the noise, was that housekeeping forgot to restock washcloths and a bath mat. We would definitely stay again, but maybe would ask for a different side of the building.

Room Tip: The walls are not soundproof, even for a tv being on. The local area was very noisy very early am
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Terri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hello babs067,
Thank you for review. I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel. I apologize about the noise, a good nights rest is is a basic we want all of our guests to experience. I am pleased you will be back to see us, please reach out to me directly so I can be sure you will get a most quiet room.
Thank you for choosing us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Naples, Italy
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Checked in tonight to a wonderful clean room. Nice furniture, sheets, and towels. Ate in the small restaurant downstairs. Service was slow but the food was great. Staff was friendly and attentive. The "sports deck" which is where the pool is is great. Chairs, snooker, climbing wall, ping pong, nice pool, movie screen for a tv playing a Disney movie. I find it all very clean. We are here for three nights using our Priority Club reward points, but the prices here are comparable to other hotels in Boston. I also love Holiday Inn pillows. Thank you!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Terri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you satcomaniac for your great review! We are so happy to read you are enjoying your stay with us and taking advantage of our great amenities like our pool area. Please be sure to let us know if you need anything during your visit with us.
Thank you!
Central NY State
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Pros - friendly and helpful staff, shuttle was convenient and timely, beautiful pool and rec area, very comfortable bed, quiet at night.

Cons - we wanted an extra blanket and were told the hotel did not have extras (odd!), breakfast was mediocre tasting at best (would be fine if it was free, but not liking having to pay for mediocrity.)

It was fine for a brief two night stay and I think I'd do it again if the price was good.

Btw - I know previous reviewers were concerned about the neighborhood. Yeah, it's not a wealthy area, but we did not feel unsafe or uncomfortable walking to the subway (10 min non hurried walk).

Stayed July 2014
Terri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hello maddiecat22,
Thank you for sharing with us this great feedback. I am pleased our team and shuttle were great experiences. I do apologize for breakfast, the chef is working on this menu, and for us to not have an extra blanket is inexcusable, and I will surely follow up on this.
Thank you again for letting us know about your stay, and for choosing us. I do hope you will be back to visit and experience a great breakfast.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We checked in to the hotel (me, my wife, and two teenaged daughters) last night, room 221. We entered the room and my wife said "do you think it smells in here?" Looked in the bathroom and there was scum/backwash in the bathtub. Called to the desk to ask for a different room and were told "it's fine, that happens sometimes". My wife insisted we get another room, that the room smelled and she didn't like the moldy scum in the tub. The front desk relented and told her to come downstairs to get a new key, then put us in room 219 - right next door. (Passive-aggressive?) New room, same smell (to my wife and kids - I never smelled anything).

The wireless Internet wouldn't connect for me from the room, but I was able to connect from the lobby. Once connected, the sign-in screen wouldn't come up, so I couldn't actually do anything, then it magically appeared and started working. So I could do some work last night, but then this morning I had the same problem.

Breakfast was so-so. I had a mediocre omelet, wife and kids the buffet. Again disappointed. Staff were not terribly friendly, but weren't downright rude either.

We were able to get a discounted price, so all-in-all I'd give it a 3 for price-value, but the overall experience wasn't what one would hope for in a hotel.

In the end we decided to leave and check in to the Hyatt Regency Cambridge. $30 more per night, but it's a much nicer hotel and the lady that checked us in was downright jovial by comparison to her Holiday Inn counterparts.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rich T
Dear Rich T,
Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize for your experience at my hotel. To read about your stay, and that you checked out is very upsetting. I would really appreciate speaking with you directly about your stay. If possible please give me a call at 617 628 1000 so we can discuss further.
Again, my deepest apologies, and thank you for sharing this with us.
New York
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel, in a not-so-trendy section of trendy Somerville, is a bit out of the way, but has amenities which more than compensate for it, and make it a great deal for visiting Boston. First, the rates are very competitive, the rooms and bathrooms are large and very functional, the heated pool area (yes, pool!), also has a climbing wall, ping pong and foosball tables and comfy couches and lounge areas, and there are Zip Cars right on the premises. What more could you ask for?? Oh, and it's extremely quiet at night as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Terri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for your review! We are so pleased you found us to be such a great deal. Our amenities are great, especially our pool area. Thank you for choosing us, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel was pricey, for the same price we should have chosen a better hotel. Poor, rude customer service. It's far from the city and you have to use the shuttle which has limited availability.

Price was expensive and did not include breakfast. Could have stayed in the city for the same price and have breakfast included.

Don't waste your money, choose wiser!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Terri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Max H,
Thank you providing us with this feedback. I sincerely apologize for us not making you feel we were a value. My team not showing anything but fantastic customer service is inexcusable, and I am very sorry for this. I will share your comments with the team so we may improve.
Please give us another try, we would love to welcome you back to our hotel.
Thank you again for sharing this with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville
#4 of 20 in Cambridge
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
#2 of 20 in Cambridge

Been to Holiday Inn Boston-Bunker Hill? Share your experiences!