Holiday Inn Boston Bunker Hill Area
US$263
US$230
US$384
US$337
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsping pongbasketball hoopfree shuttlerock wallorange linepool areatd gardenwithin a mile radiusshuttle servicehotel shuttlegreat poolbreakfast buffetfront desk staffclose to downtownsubway stationminute drivetwo blocks
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The room was really clean and modern, the coolest part was the pool and rec area, they had an indoor heated pool, with basketball court and ping pong area on the weekends they put on at 8:00 a kids movie till the pool closed at 10:00 the only negative I have for the hotel was the food was terrible, and restaurant service really slow.

Room Tip: get a room up higher so you have some kind of view, we were on 2nd floor and we saw a wall outside window.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Ryan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Bunker Hill Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Joann C, it is great to see that you enjoyed our sports deck. It is a very unique amenity that we offer and it caters to children and adults alike. I will share your review with our restaurant team as we strive to consistently improve food quality and service. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed here on 8-1-2014 in rooms 422 and 424 with my family and relatives. This is a great hotel, easy access to the Orange Line MBTA and a great shuttle service to downtown and surrounding areas. The pool area is often mentioned in reviews here and it is wonderful for traveling with children, thank you to the staff for maintaining such a great area for the kids. The rooms are great, we had adjoining rooms so that everyone could spread out a bit and enjoy family company at the end of the day and the next morning. My one complaint is the air conditioner / heater in room 422, when it comes on in A/C mode it makes a loud bang, when it is running it sounds like you are sleeping next to delivery truck motor with rattles, creeks and vibrations. When it completes its cycle it produces a loud crack and then a long flush of water / coolant. I turned off the unit and tried to go back to sleep, but it got a little warm in the room, so I turned it back on to auto fan mode, this produced a facia rattle coming from the cover panels on the unit. Tough to deal with in a room with small children sleeping on the pull out. I see that the GM usually replies to the reviews, I hope they can get someone up to the room and fix the unit, it really was a great stay in the Hotel except for this one thing. Kudos to the shuttle staff who dropped us right at the Science center and The Aquarium, made the trip much easier with three little ones and elders in tow. We would stay here again in a heartbeat, the proximity to the T and free parking on site make this a very convenient place to stay so you can make your way in and out of Boston hassle free and leave your car right there at the hotel.

Room Tip: Higher Floors seem to be quieter
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott R

Scott R, thank you for the 5-Star review. I am glad to see that our team was able to meet all of your expectations during your visit. I can assure you that the air conditioning issue that you experienced has been repaired based on your feedback. Thank you for assisting us in this matter and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Nice Holiday Inn in a northern "suburb" of Boston across the Charles, close to Cambridge. The area surrounding the hotel is a bit seedy. We felt relatively safe walking during the day but definitely did not at night. Not a hotel to stay in if you like to walk to local restaurants or sites...Dunkin Donut and an Asian restaurant across the street. Fortunately there is a restaurant in the hotel. We ate only breakfast which was ok but service was horribly slow and disjointed.
Restaurant also serves as a sports bar with 3 large TV's - looked nice.
Located about 1/4 mile from an orange line T station .... and there are cabs available at the station (which we used at night). The fact it is relatively close to the T makes it a nice choice if you don't want to spend a fortune on a hotel in Boston proper. They advertise a shuttle service to the local area but you have to schedule and they were all booked up while we were there on a weekend. Shuttle is small. WIFI is available but spotty and you have to connect in the lobby. Personnel are nice. Room service was prompt (better than the restaurant). Service excellent - hair dryer not working one morning and repairman was there in less than 5 minutes to fix it.
Rooms are excellent - newly renovated. large, airy, clean, great bathroom and shower - as nice as some of the more high end hotels. Housekeeping very good.
Would recommend if you don't mind using T or taking cabs and are not interested in a hotel with surrounding sites and restaurants. Cabs to Cambridge area or North End run around $10+. Best option from the airport is the Blue T line to the Orange Line.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Indygogo11

Indygogo11, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us last month. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our proximity to key area destinations. Also thank you for your feedback about your dining experience in our restaurant. This review will be shared with our team as a service learning opportunity. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had a business meeting in Boston a couple of weeks ago, and had a hotel all set up downtown. When I arrived I realized that I had made a mistake on the dates, and the entire city was sold out. The manager at the hotel spent 20 minutes calling around, and he landed on this Holiday Inn. I'm here to tell you, I could not have been happier that they had a room available, and best of all, they weren't inflating the rate 1000% like all the other hotels. The young lady on the phone was amazing and told me to come on in. I ended up staying for two nights, and found the hotel to be surprisingly nice, with a great staff. I'm in hotel sales and am very objective about what a hotel delivers on, and what they say they are. The room was well done and looked fairly new. I had dinner in the lounge after my arrival and the bartender was wonderful, although clearly he had too much going on and had to run to/from the kitchen often. I would say the hotel is a bit remote, but it's only about 10 minutes to downtown. The only thing I was very concerned about was the internet. As a business person it's so important to have good Wi-Fi and this was not the case. If you need a hotel in this area, you really can't go wrong.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Terri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Bunker Hill Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your great review. We are always so pleased to hear when our guests enjoy our hotel, and reading from someone who is in hotel sales, makes it even more special. It is so nice to see you stayed with us two nights. Thank you for staying with us we hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Hotel is satisfactory in all categories, no complains. Room was large and convenient - good quality TV and furniture was very functional. Small refrigerator helps as well. Bathroom OK too. I found it to be a good value as other hotels in Boston are way more expensive. Sure there are better hotels, but comparing to price this is the good bet. I did not use a shuttle to Boston, but is a popular addition to their service. Breakfast was good enough.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Terri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Bunker Hill Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear IgorOku,
Thank you for your review. We are a great value when staying in the Boston area, and have some great amenities, like our shuttle and free parking.
Thank you for staying with us, it is greatly appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.