“smokehouse indeed”

Little Red Smokehouse
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carver, Massachusetts
“smokehouse indeed”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

wow, this is one of the best places I've eaten. The food is freshly prepared and exactly what your looking for if you came for the name. They have pulled pork chili that is super. pulled pork nachos that can be shared with at least 4 people. burgers are incredible. they have a chicken salad sandwich with craisins and nuts that I have a habit of getting.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Susan P

hingham, MA
“In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Everything here is Ok. The ribs came out just warm, the collards are sort of bland, the beans and rice were a little over cooked, and the sauce could use some heat. However, much better than any alternative in the area. So, do want Ok barbecue?

1 Thank beeweehingham_MA
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Not worth the trip”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife and I drove for almost an hour in the snow hoping to get some good barbecue, What we got was poorly seasoned food that reeked of liquid smoke. My wife liked her cornbread and the poutine I ordered as appetizers were okay. But the rest of the food was lousy. My wife got the St Louis ribs and I got a 3 meat plate of pulled pork, brisket and chicken. Her ribs were tender yet had no seasoning, her mac and cheese had no taste. When I got my plate I couldn't tell the difference between the pulled pork and the brisket, and the chicken was dry. All of our meats had a Styrofoam aftertaste that I attribute to an overuse of liquid smoke. The service was okay as we were rushed in and rushed out in less than 45 minutes. The restrooms were filthy with overflowing trashcans. Needless to say we will not go back

• Visited February 2014
Boston MA
“Exactly what it sets out to be”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

If you're looking for fancy waiters and tablecloths, this is not the place you want. But if you're looking for great food at a good price, in a casual atmosphere, the Little Red Smokehouse is it! There's a reason you'll have to wait an hour if you show up at peak times - a wide variety of meats, sauces, and beers, served by courteous, pleasant staff in a convivial atmosphere. It's about a 30 mile drive from our home, but we're still regulars there. Fine for couples, kids, friends... probably not pets, though it can't hurt to ask<g>. Give the 'Smokehouse a try - you won't regret it.

• Visited February 2014
Rochester, Massachusetts
“Hidden Morsel”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We went for lunch & the weekday lunch specials were delish @ a great price. Will have to go back for dinner & drinks. Only wish that there were more options for vegetarians as my daughter does not eat meat & she'd be very limited on choices.

• Visited December 2013