“Fun Place to have lunch”
Review of Box Office Cafe' - CLOSED

Box Office Cafe'
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Orleans, MA
“Fun Place to have lunch”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Interesting menu selection; courteous staff. Good food; interesting ambiance. The wide variety of items on the menu made the selection of just one lunch difficult. Both my girlfriend and i were pleased with our choices and would go back again.

Visited February 2013

Albany, New York
“Good Food- But the Wait!!!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Went for lunch recently, seeing that they had a nice offerings of gluten free items I was anxious to try it. The sandwich that I had was amazing, but- it took 30 mins for our food to come. I had a sandwich and my husband had a burger. Why the long wait? There was only 1 other table of people in there. Guess they do a large take out biz? But the server never came and said anything to us. I was just about to ask why the long wait when our server came with our food. When I had to wait again for the bill to come, I finally went up to the counter and asked for the bill and said to our server- why did it take so long for the food to come??- she then said about the take out orders. I said to her that she should tell people that, when you are sitting in a place and there is only one other group of 2 people there and you wait 30 mins for a sandwich to come- somebody needs to says something.

Other than that the food was very, very good.

May or may not go back- this time I would do take out, as not to waste a lot of time when I am there in the summer.

• Visited November 2013
wytshark, Owner at Box Office Cafe', responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you for your favorable comments about our food despite having problems with our speed and service. It has been my experience with reviews that it is common for a negative aspect to overshadow all else, so I do appreciate you making the distinction!

First, let me apologize for the wait. We do a significant amount of take out business, this is true, which can sometimes result in us being much busier in the back of house than it would appear so in the front of house. That being said, we structure our pick-up times in order to give dine-in customers priority. The fact that didn't happen indicates a break down in our system. We also expect our servers to be gracious, attentive and informative. It doesn't sound like this was the case either. I have looked into both situations and taken the necessary steps to correct them. Thank you for taking the time to bring them to my attention.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food in a comfortable setting”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This place used to be a good breakfast spot and now it's a good lunch and dinner spot. My wife and I stopped by to have a drink and ended up staying for a delicious meal. The bar only has about eight stools but the bartender, Jim, was super friendly and helpful. We were on our way to another restaurant and we stopped at the bar to have a drink. The place has a huge selection of beers. After one drink we decided to try the fried brussel sprouts. They were so good we decided to eat dinner as well. I had a pasta dish (I can't remember the name) but is was penne with a spicy red sauce. It was pretty hot and I have a high tolerance for spicy foods. My wife had the Caesar salad which was also very good. What made this meal so good was the combination of good food and comfortable atmosphere. We left totally satisfied, which is something that doesn't happen all the time.

The Box Office also serves great pizza that I have ordered to go in the past.

• Visited November 2013
Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Good Food for the money”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is a great place if you want to just grab something for lunch real quick. Friendly staff, good food & clean establishment. Kid friendly

Visited October 2013
Springfield, Pennsylvania
“Lost in Chatham...Needed to Find Lunch”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

After at dumb scenic trip on 6A recommended by our hotel guide book, we happened upon the "Box Office Cafe". At this point we were hungry for lunch and sorely disappointed in our "scenic 6A drive". The Box Office Office Cafe saved the day. Quaint and good food made the day right! Trust me, if you are unfamiliar with the area, you'll never find it!

• Visited September 2013