“Great View”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sail Loft

Sail Loft
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Massachusetts
“Great View”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Food was just average. Both ordered a seafood dish, and thought that they were good and well prepared, but very average tasting. View out onto the harbor was nice! Service was very good, very attentive.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank CoolCop47

Fairhaven
“VERY TASTY FOOD WITH GENEROUS PORTIONS IN A QUAINT SETTING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

This Valentine's Day my husband and I ventured to the quaint village of Padanaram to have lunch at the Sail Loft, a restaurant with views of a working boatyard. In warmer weather, you can sit on the outside deck and enjoy the cool breezes coming from the harbor below. It was equally inviting today where our bodies were warmed by the ambiance of this eatery and the food certainly warmed our stomachs and hearts. They have a limited menu, but you can see that they go for quality of items rather than quantity. I opted for the BBQ pulled pork sandwich ( one of their signatures) and paid a little more to have their awesome truffle parmesan fries which are made with truffle oil, parmesan cheese and herbs. They are the best I've ever tasted. The sandwich was huge and the pork was very tangy so the homemade cole slaw and onion rings on top made for just the right combination. My husband (who does not like pickles) commented how good they were, as had my friend on a previous visit. My husband chose the fish sandwich and the special fries, and his sandwich was also huge and he enjoyed the same sides as I did. We had a bit of a wait, but it was worth it. Our waitress was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed to enjoy this wonderful luncheon. I would definitely recommend this little gem to all who really enjoy food that is not run of the mill.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sandra Q
Somerset, Massachusetts
“It WAS good, but what happened?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We went here the first time last summer after reading about local restaurants in the SOCO magazine - on Sunday afternoons from 3-6 they have EXCELLENT live music. Our first visit we tried two different grilled flat bread pizzas - they were 12" x 12" square and though a little pricey ($10.95 - $12.95) they were good and there was plenty to take home. The only issue was that the first time they BURNT them - but didn't serve them to us, and then we had to wait. We were told they would buy us our round of drinks - but then didn't take the cost of our drinks off the bill. We weren't in a hurry so the 2 hours for our meal was OK as we were listieng to music, but they should have honored their promise about the drinks.
Our second visit was good, again one pizza (12" square) and I tried the chicken Marsala with spinach and Mashed potatos- tasty and different than the typical Marsala.
We brought friends for our 3rd visit, again pizza, 2 chicken Marsalas (not prepared the same way, not quite as good...) and a hamburger.
This Sunday we were headed to the Black Bass grille- but they were closed, so we went to the Sail Loft again. Enjoyed the music. Ordered pizzas. Imagine our SHOCK when the two dinner pizzas (still $10.95 and $12.95) came to the table on small plates as 3" x 10" cracker crust type pizzas. These were appetizer size portions, not the dinner portions we had on 3 previous visits.
I don't eat much, so I had barely enough - but no leftovers to take home. My husband was still hungry as this was really just appetizer portions, NOT dinner portions. We had to find something else to eat when we got home.
What a rip-off! What happened? How do they have the nerve to charge the same price for something less than 1/3 the size? The ricotta-sausage pizza had about 3 teaspoons of cheese and maybe 1 oz of crumbled sausage - for $12.95.
This was our LAST visit. It's too bad as we did like the restaurant, but this was just ridiculous.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Makai7
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very pleasant lunch on the patio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We spent a pleasant afternoon lunch on the restaurants back deck. I had their clam chowder which was excellent and a wedge salad. The salad was fresh with nice bits of real bacon. My husband had their burger with fries. The burger is large so come hungry. The wait staff was professional and very friendly, we lacked for nothing.

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Great place to meet friends day or late night. Great back deck and a huge selection of beers. The food is good, nothing fantastic, but the service is always above par.

• Visited August 2013