“Great room - noisy neighbors”

Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Deerfield
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in April 2014. The room was way better than I expected! Great, clean, comfy bed. Big TV with a decent cable package. Free, reliable WIFI. Clean bathroom. Coffee maker, microwave, fridge. The room had a great desk where I could read emails and do some work. Nice!
My only complaint were some noisy neighbors who played loud music until 12:30 AM or so. But this is, of course, not the hotel's fault... there are rude people wherever you go!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Amy E

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Remembering that I'm not reviewing the Ritz here, the Red Roof Inn at South Deerfield was very good. The location was perfect (right next to the Yankee Candle store which was the purpose of our trip), the rooms were in good condition, the hotel offered the amenities we needed (washing machine, dryer, free wi-fi etc) and most importantly, the staff were excellent. We got some great tips talking to the ladies on the front desk, from where to eat to a beautiful scenic route to Boston and even printed out a few emails for us. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We were at this hotel for close to 3 months due to construction at our home. The customer service provided by the front desk (especially Corina and Julie) and by our main cleaning person (Debra Westbrook) made the stay comfortable for us! I hope if we ever have the need again to stay there, those 3 are still there-it's obvious they take pride in their work!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank waterdamaged
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is my second time staying at this property, and each time I have needed 6-8 rooms. I travel with a youth basketball team.

The location is very convenient to Amherst, Springfield, and Holyoke, and the indoor pool is very large. So many times hotels have very tiny pools. The pool at this hotel is larger than most outdoor inground pools, so it is a great way to relax with the team after a long day. There is also a "meeting area" right outside the pool area, so parents can relax in that area and still see the kids in the pool. We order pizza for the team and eat in that area off the pool room, and its a good time for all.

The rooms are nice and comfortable, and there are laundry facilities as well. The hotel is right next door to a convenience store that also houses a Dunkin Donuts and Subway, so there are plenty of quick food options.

Corina Anderson was instrumental in getting our group back again this year, and she took care of all of the bookings/paperwork making it a very easy transaction. Once we arrived Ginelle Daley was our contact and she was great as well. We arrived back at 9:15pm one evening and the pool was supposed to close at 9:30pm. Ginelle spoke with her manager to ask for an exception to keep the pool open an extra 30 minutes for us, and it was very much appreciated. For the past three weekends in a row our team stayed in different hotels where we got back after the pool had closed, so it was great that Ginelle went the extra step to allow our boys to use the facility.

We'll definitely be back again next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We have stayed here many times the front desk staff are really respectful and easy to work with my children had a blast there. When it came to checking out Corina was amazing she was very friendly and made coming back a must she was very awesome with the kids .. Thank you the room was amazing .. Awesome time in the pool ...

Room Tip: If you have young children the best room would be in the middle of the hotel first floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have been staying at the red roof inn, in South Deerfield for many years ,since moving to Virginia. The customer service from Corina is amazing. She goes out of her way to please & always has a smile on her face. She is definitely an Asset to The Red Roof Inn:)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
RedR1, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Cynthia g,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. We appreciate all the feedback we receive from our guests.
I will be sure to pass on to Corina the kind words you have expressed and to the rest of our team here at the Red Roof South Deerfield, MA

We look forward to seeing you on your future travels and thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn.

Best Regards,

Dagma Colon

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am often in the area to go to a nearby Meditation Center and find in this Hotel all one can wish for. A clean, pleasant room, a comfortable bed, great shower, excellent heating and cooling system plus all amenities. Great value by all standards and what makes the place unique is the top notch staff that gives you the feeling of coming home and there's true caring when we inquire about our families and children. By now there's a special bond with Corina Anderson who even remembers the number of my favorite room and there's another lady (is it Stacey?) who like me experienced the sadness of losing a son. Twice I left something behind. In one instance it was immediately mailed to my home. The other time, upon my request, they did hold it for me and I found it there, neatly wrapped,on my next visit. Definitely, this Red Roof Inn is a favorite with me.

Room Tip: I like the rooms close to the front desk
Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lucy S
RedR1, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Lucy S.

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay us. Our goal is to insure that all of our guests feel like they have a home away from home when staying at the Red Roof Inn.

We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff, I will insure to pass along your comments to Corina and the rest of our team.

We look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us and thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn South Deerfield, MA

Dagma Colon

#4 of 7 in Hadley
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield? Share your experiences!