“Could have stayed all day!”

Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory and Gardens
Reviewed 26 February 2014

What a perfect day in the midst of a cold winter. Although not huge, this conservatory is amazing. The plantlife is mature, grand and beautifully and naturally kept. The butterflies are so numerous that you cannot help feel them gently flutter by as you stroll through. They are truly magnificent. The exhibit prior to your entry is fascinating as well. If however you are afraid (don't laugh there was one 8 year old in our party), of these beauties landing on you, stay home as they are more numerous than I've seen anywhere. A very pleasurable excursion...

All reviews
in 30 reviews
"benches"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Let me start off by saying, I am a wildlife conservationist. I have traveled near and far, to many different zoos, aquariums, conservatories, etc. Magic Wings most definitely places high on my recommendations of things to do while in Western Mass. Magic wings offers a rare view at the life of some of the most tropical butterflies (and some moths), lizards, and birds in a very natural setting. The greenhouse is set up with tropical plants, and even has its own pond. Watch where you step, there are small quail running around, which adds another great dimension to Magic Wings. There are also a number of finch species flying back and forth. There are a few lizard species to see including crested geckos, blue tongue skinks, chameleons, and a colombian black and white tegu. The only complaint I have is that the information on some of the animals in terrariums was incorrect (not by much, small things like longevity). Overall an amazing experience worth going to. Its less than 5 minutes from the Yankee candle shoppes and most certainly worth it to stop in!

3  Thank Ryan O
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We wore light color shirts so we hoped a butterfly would land on us. One did on my grandaughter. It's really a nice place to visit. It has little areas with benches to sit. So many butterflies from all over the world. A cute trip!

1  Thank Stormy013
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Our fourth visit. We took our 92 year old Aunt and the expression on her face when we entered the greenhouse was worth the drive. We picked the perfect afternoon, it was quiet and not too hot. Our aunt said she would like to work there it was so wonderful.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This place is absolutely beautiful and peace full. It was exactly what I expected and more. I dragged along my teenage boys which complained until we went in. They ended up having such a great time and even met girls their age, they talked about the butterflies. The boys enjoyed their visit more then they thought they would, they thanked me for the experience and we did some bonding.

1  Thank Cynthia R