“Are you ready to be pampered?”
Review of Mulberry Tree Inn

Mulberry Tree Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 South Dennis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The Mulberry Tree Inn is a lovely place where we were taken care of so well, while having time on our own also. The rooms are clean with plenty of extra towels. Beautiful antiques and inspirational quotes are all over the house. The first unexpected treat was warm cookies delivered just outside our room each afternoon! Breakfasts include a different fruit treat each day. My favorites were pear in cranberry juice and a blueberry cobbler. The baked good and main course were different every day and so very delicious. Mary Beth and Peter are really friendly, take excellent care of their beautiful Inn and gardens. They are welcoming but also gave us space to spend time on our own. A perfect combination of rest and pampering. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mulberry Tree Inn

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have to say how pleasantly surprised we were to find another wonderful Inn on the Cape. Me and my husband come down every August for his birthday for a relaxing night away and Cape Cod baseball. We usually stay at a different Inn each year....but after staying at Mulberry Tree Inn we decided that we will only stay here! I wasn't lucky enough to meet Peter but Mary Beth is one of my favorite Innkeepers ever!!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about her and her wonderful home. She greeted us upon arrival and showed us around the beautiful Inn. She has it perfectly decorated and I suggested to her she should have her home featured in Country Sampler magazine. It was an older home but with modern conveniences. Our room was cozy and nice and cool thanks to a fan and air conditioner...and trust me you need it in August in New England!
She set up a plate of chocolate cookies and oatmeal cookies while we unpacked our bags. There was also a generous supply of coffee and tea because they have a Kurig Machine....which by the way is one of my favorite appliances ever. Mary Beth was so wonderful there was even a small stocked refrigerator outside our bedroom with water, soft drinks and snacks. She left Salt Water Taffy on our pillow and chocolates in our room as well. I know you may be bored reading this review so let me get to the best part.....breakfast!!! Mary Beth was kind enough to give my husband a birthday present that was waiting for us when we came down to breakfast...how thoughtful! We started with coffee, iced water with fresh sliced lemons and nice cold juice. There was also fresh fruit on the table as well as yogurt! Mary Beth started the meal with a warm blueberry crisp topped with oatmeal and homemade whipped cream. Almost like having dessert for breakfast!!!! She then served us Scottish scones which were warm out of the oven served with butter and jam. The main course for breakfast was an absolutely delicious cheese souffle with a generous side of thick cut ham cooked perfectly and wonderful home fries and toasted English muffins! We were completely stuffed and I couldn't finish it all but Mary Beth was nice enough to wrap up the leftover scones for us to take home.
If for any reason you have never been to the Cape or are planning a return trip you must stay here. It was one of the most wonderful traveling experiences I have ever had and me and my husband try to travel at least once a month. The only down side of all of this is that they are only open from May-October so you better get on your computer now and make a reservation before they close for the season. Trust me you will not be disappointed and if I could give them more stars I would!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I surprised my husband with a trip for his birthday to the Cape. Neither one of us have ever been to the Cape. I am truly amazed at the Mulberry Tree Inn. We arrived and my husband was given a bithday gift from MaryBeth and Peter, the owners. The house is absolutely adorable, MaryBeth and Peter are the best people I have ever met. They made their house, our house. The breakfast was so delicious each morning. MaryBeth is a saint!!!! Each night we had fresh baked cookies!!! We stayed in the Molly's Hideaway. The room is super cozy and comfortable. The bed was so comfortable and perfect. I can honestly say this was the best 3 nights of our life!!!!! If anyone has the opportunity to stay at the Mulberry Tree Inn they will NOT be disappointed. This place is a blessing.

Room Tip: You can not go wrong with this bed and breakfast!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Two girlfriends and I spent two wonderful days at the Mulberry Tree Inn. I had stayed before but my friends had not and it didn't disappoint. The rooms are both comfortable and immaculate. They have recently added in room TV's. It is a wonderful home that takes you away from the busy lives we live and takes you back to a gentle time. We all enjoyed the delicious breakfasts served in the beautiful dining room. Peter and Mary Beth are just wonderful people and make all their guests feel so welcome. We had a great time exploring parts of the Cape and look forward to returning to the Mulberry Tree Inn again next year for another "girlfriend getaway".

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 794Susie65
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The B&B is in an over 200 year old house and has wonderful touches of Americana throughout all the common and bedrooms. MaryBeth is an extraordinary cook. The breakfasts are incredible. When we were there, they were combinations of baked goods (rhubarb from the garden in muffins), fruits, yogurt, eggs and pumpkin pancakes. All very YUMMY. There are also afternoon baked treats which for us were banana bread one day and hot out-of-the-oven oatmeal raisin cookies on the other day. We spent two nights. MaryBeth and Peter are charming hosts and there are also nice sitting areas outside. One of the closest Cape Cod attractions is the bicycle trail about a 3 minute car ride away with more than one bike rental shops. There is cable tv both in the bedroom and common room, and there is a large assortment of music CDs, again with players both in the bedroom and common room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This B&B was a great find! Mary Beth and Peter are very friendly owners. The rooms are both comfortable and each have their own bathroom with shower. The breakfast will not leave you dissatisfied. Amazing home made food, bring your appetites! Very clean, cozy and welcoming. After a second year in a row, we look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Mulberry Tree Inn last month for four nights and had a truly delightful time! Peter and Mary Beth are, quite possibly, the nicest people you could ever meet.

The inn (which is actually their home) is just beautiful; wonderfully cosy with warm homely touches everywhere. Everything is spotlessly clean and so welcoming. We stayed downstairs in the Captain Nickelson room - plenty of space, saltwater taffy on the pillows, flawless decor .. it was just perfect. I can't write a review and not talk about Mary Beth's insanely amazing breakfasts .. all freshly cooked each morning, breakfast consisted of three courses; a delightful fruit/berry/nut compote, followed by freshly baked melt-in-the-mouth muffins or drizzle cake, followed by pancakes, or a cooked breakfast or cobbler .. the menu changed each day so it was just such a treat to see what delicious goodies Mary Beth had rustled up. Like the other reviewer mentioned, there was only one other guestroom so each morning we had the pleasure of getting to know the other guests - such a change to the corporate, impersonal feel of some many other B&Bs/hotels we've stayed in.

Anyway, we cannot recommend The Mulberry Tree Inn enough - it's not open all year round but as the Cape is so busy in the summer, we'd definitely say to book up way in advance. You will not be disappointed, and will leave having had a wonderful time, met new people, made great memories, and possibly (and the only downside), having gained an extra couple of pounds! :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
#8 of 19 in Dennis Port
Inn at the Oaks
Inn at the Oaks
#1 of 11 in Eastham

Been to Mulberry Tree Inn? Share your experiences!