“Our new favorite B&B on the Cape”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mulberry Tree Inn

Mulberry Tree Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 South Dennis B&B and Inns
Barrington, Rhode Island
“Our new favorite B&B on the Cape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I just enjoyed a 3 night stay for our anniversary and had an awesome time. The food was great, they gave you so much that we ate leftovers for lunch. They have several areas where you can sit outside and relax including a hammock for 2. The main house is decorated with charm and class which can also be enjoyed. We stayed in Molly's hideaway for it's cuteness and seclusion. Mary Beth and Peter are great hosts and see to it that you are comfortable. We recommend this B&B highly!!

Room Tip: Molly's hideaway is a cute private room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alpspitzemm

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We just returned from a 2 night stay in Cape Cod over Memorial Day Weekend and had the most amazing experience at the Mulberry Tree Inn. We are a younger couple in our late 20s and this was our first B&B experience. Mary Beth and Peter are two of the nicest, most genuine people you will ever meet. They are so welcoming and kind and make you feel right at home. It's hard not to enjoy your stay at this adorable inn. It is very, very close to cities such as Hyannis and Chatham and because it is located in Dennis, it is very close to some of the most amazing restaurants like Ocean House as well (only a few miles away). The room and home were so clean and comfortable. The yard has beautiful flowers, gardens and a patio with chairs and a table. Mary Beth and Peter were so attentive to details - whether it was the amenities in the room, or afternoon cookies and snacks, or most importantly, the amazing breakfast served on the most beautiful china. I have never tasted such a great breakfast before in my life! We absolutely cannot wait to come back and stay here. The rooms have all the things that you could ever need - plenty of towels, drinks, snacks, shower goodies, hair dryer, AC, TV, extra blankets and a wonderful welcome gift! We will definitely be recommending the Mulberry Tree Inn to all of our friends and family. 5 stars is not enough for this beautiful B&B. I truly cannot say enough good things about Mary Beth and Peter. They are just so kind - I left some earrings in our room and they were so sweet enough to contact me and mail them right away. Thank you so so much Mary Beth and Peter for making this trip so memorable for us! We will never stay anywhere else on the Cape and cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the privacy of Molly's Hideaway on the 2nd floor! it has it's own private...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
lancashire uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

A fantastic experience. The welcome (including the little gift and treats); the room; the food; the beautiful house; the gardens; the company - it was the complete package. Everywhere was clean and so well prepared for your comfort as their most important guest. Mary Beth and Peter made our stay very special. Recommended without any reservation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lee, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

In September 2013, my husband Dick and I had the opportunity to spend a Golf weekend with friends, on the Cape. Our friend suggested we stay for two nights at the Mulberry Tree Inn. We are so thankful to them. Mary Beth and Peter, the propriators, are very special people. We felt so very welcome from "Hello." They work together like a well oiled machine to offer the best to their guests. Everything, and then some, that one might need away from home was provided.
The Inn is a beautiful 200 year old home. It has been decorated with lovely antiques and personal additions. Relaxation is a must. We stayed in a comfortable room off the sitting rooms. It was furnished with more than enough linens and towels and many little extras. We especially liked the decorated Starfish momento of the cape. Mary Beth is a wonderful cook. He breakfast meals that she served on lovely china and linens are fit for a king and queen. Very much out of the ordinary.
We certainly recommend staying at the Mulberry Tree Inn and will plan another visit for ourselves.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Middletown, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

The Mulberry Tree Inn is a lovely place where we were taken care of so well, while having time on our own also. The rooms are clean with plenty of extra towels. Beautiful antiques and inspirational quotes are all over the house. The first unexpected treat was warm cookies delivered just outside our room each afternoon! Breakfasts include a different fruit treat each day. My favorites were pear in cranberry juice and a blueberry cobbler. The baked good and main course were different every day and so very delicious. Mary Beth and Peter are really friendly, take excellent care of their beautiful Inn and gardens. They are welcoming but also gave us space to spend time on our own. A perfect combination of rest and pampering. We will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Wakefield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have to say how pleasantly surprised we were to find another wonderful Inn on the Cape. Me and my husband come down every August for his birthday for a relaxing night away and Cape Cod baseball. We usually stay at a different Inn each year....but after staying at Mulberry Tree Inn we decided that we will only stay here! I wasn't lucky enough to meet Peter but Mary Beth is one of my favorite Innkeepers ever!!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about her and her wonderful home. She greeted us upon arrival and showed us around the beautiful Inn. She has it perfectly decorated and I suggested to her she should have her home featured in Country Sampler magazine. It was an older home but with modern conveniences. Our room was cozy and nice and cool thanks to a fan and air conditioner...and trust me you need it in August in New England!
She set up a plate of chocolate cookies and oatmeal cookies while we unpacked our bags. There was also a generous supply of coffee and tea because they have a Kurig Machine....which by the way is one of my favorite appliances ever. Mary Beth was so wonderful there was even a small stocked refrigerator outside our bedroom with water, soft drinks and snacks. She left Salt Water Taffy on our pillow and chocolates in our room as well. I know you may be bored reading this review so let me get to the best part.....breakfast!!! Mary Beth was kind enough to give my husband a birthday present that was waiting for us when we came down to breakfast...how thoughtful! We started with coffee, iced water with fresh sliced lemons and nice cold juice. There was also fresh fruit on the table as well as yogurt! Mary Beth started the meal with a warm blueberry crisp topped with oatmeal and homemade whipped cream. Almost like having dessert for breakfast!!!! She then served us Scottish scones which were warm out of the oven served with butter and jam. The main course for breakfast was an absolutely delicious cheese souffle with a generous side of thick cut ham cooked perfectly and wonderful home fries and toasted English muffins! We were completely stuffed and I couldn't finish it all but Mary Beth was nice enough to wrap up the leftover scones for us to take home.
If for any reason you have never been to the Cape or are planning a return trip you must stay here. It was one of the most wonderful traveling experiences I have ever had and me and my husband try to travel at least once a month. The only down side of all of this is that they are only open from May-October so you better get on your computer now and make a reservation before they close for the season. Trust me you will not be disappointed and if I could give them more stars I would!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Oxford, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I surprised my husband with a trip for his birthday to the Cape. Neither one of us have ever been to the Cape. I am truly amazed at the Mulberry Tree Inn. We arrived and my husband was given a bithday gift from MaryBeth and Peter, the owners. The house is absolutely adorable, MaryBeth and Peter are the best people I have ever met. They made their house, our house. The breakfast was so delicious each morning. MaryBeth is a saint!!!! Each night we had fresh baked cookies!!! We stayed in the Molly's Hideaway. The room is super cozy and comfortable. The bed was so comfortable and perfect. I can honestly say this was the best 3 nights of our life!!!!! If anyone has the opportunity to stay at the Mulberry Tree Inn they will NOT be disappointed. This place is a blessing.

Room Tip: You can not go wrong with this bed and breakfast!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn
Liberty Hill Inn
Liberty Hill Inn
#1 of 8 in Yarmouth Port

Been to Mulberry Tree Inn? Share your experiences!