“Tasty and Priced Well”

StoneForge Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in South Easton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: same owners as StoneForge, Raynham, MA
Massachusetts
“Tasty and Priced Well”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

A second visit to the Stone Forge restaurant was most pleasing. Their offer of a mini-meal was more than enough to fill my appetite especially since there was a side dish of corn chowder. The chowder was creamy and filling. fortunately I ordered just a cup which left me plenty of room for my chicken encrusted parmesan.

I thought the lower price of the mini-meal was more than fair.

I would go back without a second thought.

• Visited April 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Gourmet? No. Good Food? Yes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I can see this restaurant receiving great or luke-warm reviews. It is big, busy, bustling, and I can see how particular orders or tables could "fall between the cracks." However, I was there with a 20+ family group and have nothing but praise for the service we received and the food we were served. To satisfy every member of a group that large and diverse means a reasonably diverse menu and a reliably competent kitchen and wait-staff. No sophisticated pretenses on the menu or on the part of the staff. Don't look for a Michelin star. Just solid food, well-prepared and well-served. It is the favorite restaurant of my relatives who live nearby. I'd go back. For someone used to big-city prices, it was very reasonable. I met some locals who considered it expensive.

• Visited March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Disappointing ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I want to like this place. I live in the same town. I have it up for a year because it was so inconsistent. Cold food, slow service crowded etc. I went back this week with the wife. My wife ordered chicken pot pie. I ordered lobster pie. Her meal had zero sauce. Dried out and disgusting. Mine was tasty. But it had shrimp in it. When the waitress came (Jen, at end). I showed her. She told me it was lobster. Really? OK. Funny looking lobster. She never asked my wife why she didn't eat any if her meal and wasn't taking it home. All done. Too bad. We need a good place to go!!

1 Thank Jay G
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have eaten there many times. Additionally had been so impressed, hosted my office's christmas party there last year. The service is good, food is delicious. Prices are not cheap but ok.

• Visited December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Although we had a minor delay due to the fire alarm during our dinner, everything was fantastic! Our server (I believe her name was Rachel?) was amazing and attentive. She recommended a dish that I would have never chosen without otherwise. It was absolutely delicious! I will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2014