“Its the perfect place to stay. Thats why I'm a regular”

Handkerchief Shoals Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in South Harwich
Reviewed 6 April 2014

A few years ago, I was searching for a simple place to stay on the cape for business. It had to be clean and between towns where I might frequent. I found Handkerchief Shoals and its exactly what I needed! The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the TV has plenty of channels. Its a one level motel, and the parking comes right up to the walkway, so its pretty convenient having my vehicle right next to my door, and I don't have to go too far to carry everything in and out of the room. The property is clean and maintained. The best part is the onsite service! The innkeepers are Annmarie and Joe, and both are outgoing, personable and great people. They had suggestions whenever I needed them too! The more I stay, the better it is ! I'm a regular.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank EntertainmentPro
There are newer reviews for Handkerchief Shoals Inn

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stay here several times a year, on business, and the innkeepers are super helpful and extremely friendly. The facility is a little "old school" but continually being upgraded and improved. Nice pool, close to a beach, mini-fridges in all the rooms. Good place for a get-away.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Fred C
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in Nov 2013. We were very impressed with the cleanliness! The room was spotless & nicely updated. It is a great location, close to beaches and both Harwich & Chatham centers. A very affordable option to stay at the Cape. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2013

And the good stuff is true. Stayed here on Nov. 12, 2013. It is a good value and if more businesses ran this way they would enjoy great success. Congrats to Ann Marie and Joe. It is very close to all the activities in Chatham. You could spend a lot more money and not have the positive experience that you get here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimDV D
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Our trip to Cape Cod over a long weekend with our little dog was enjoyable and the accommodations were lovely. This hotel has a few rooms designated as pet friendly, the room was very clean. A great location near the quaint town of Chatham where dogs parade up and down the friendly Main Street. In the off season some beaches are open to dogs on a leash, be sure to check the dates. Overall a great weekend spent together with our pup.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank LorM38
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was an incredibly easy booking. When I called, just about 3 days before my stay, Joe answered and I had an affordable room booked within minutes. Due to the nature of my business in Harwich Port, I would not be arriving until 1AM. He assured me it was no problem and the day of my stay he called to let me know what room I'd be in. I arrived to a well lit parking lot and a clean comfortable room. This is not a hotel so don't expect that. There is actually a pool though, which I didn't use but it looked clean and nice. The inn is close to popular areas so if you want a cheap place to stay to roam around the Cape, this is a good choice. The room was nice and spacious and I am not a picky person so outdated decor or bathrooms don't bother me. It's charming. I admit I was not there very long. I got there late, slept and left early but the process was simple. The key and receipt were waiting for me, the lights were on and I didn't have to check out with anybody. I recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank essayspot
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This was our third year renting rooms at Handkerchief Shoals for our grandchildren and their parents. The kids loved the pool, we used the picnic table for lunch one day, the yard for running and playing, and the continental breakfast just right. Ann Marie and Joe are on site and available if needed. Clean and convenient, this has become a family tradition. Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in South Chatham
The Chatham Motel
The Chatham Motel
#3 of 9 in Chatham

Been to Handkerchief Shoals Inn? Share your experiences!