“Berkshire Cuisine -Very Good Food and Excellent Service”
Review of Perigee Restaurant - CLOSED

Perigee Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We've been to Perigee 3 times this year, so I guess it's our favorite in the Berkshires. The food was excellent, priced in line, attentive service and a vivacious owner. Good variety on the menu, wine prices varied widely, the low end was better than I would have thought.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

this is my second review of Perigee. I was there for dinner this past Sunday night, My friend and i avoided going there in Saturday or even earlier on Sunday, knowing it would be more crowded. When we arrived at 7.15 the restaurant was maybe a third full.

They were, unfortunately, out of my top 3 choices- The Chicken Tortellini, The Lamb Chops, and the Filet Mignon. I ended up getting the Rib Eye and a bowl of the clam chowder as an appetizer. Both were delicious. My friend ordered the Calamari appetizer, which he thought was soggy and undercooked, and then the Trout as his main course. He thought the Trout was VERY dry.

The service was terrific. our waitress didn't charge my friend for the Calamari, and was attentive in a non-intrusive way. Dawn didn't seem to be present.

I REALLY want this restaurant to do well. It's a 5 minute walk from where i live (I'm a year round Berkshires resident) and having a good restaurant at this location has always been very convenient when entrertaining quests or just at the times when you don't feel like traveling (think winter). My fear is that while most aspects of the restaurant are fine- ambiance, service, etc the inconsistent quality of the food will hurt them in the long run

Reviewed 19 July 2011

I was served the last special which was overcooked and rice in clumps. The substitute entree was worse. Server did her best owner was distracted and mind wasn't on the job.

1  Thank NewViewMichael
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Dawn puts her heart & soul in every bite. Each course we chose and shared was unique and totally artistic. We absolutely enjoyed every bite of the "seared shrimp & scallops provencal". Cannot wait to return ...and we definitely will.

1  Thank yogiVenice_FL
Reviewed 30 April 2011

I came to Perigee on a tip from a friend, seeking a pleasant evening out. The whole experience was a disaster from the start. I arrived with my wife and waited at the door for quite some time before we were even acknowledged. There weren't many people, so I'm not sure why the staff weren't more attentive to new guests. After finally having been seated, we ordered drinks, as the wine list was very limited and rather poorly chosen. The apparant owner came and told us the specials, and was rather pushy and invasive. The food was low quality... my filet tasted old and was covered in a goopy sauce (to mask flavor I assume). My wife had the trout, and complained that it was extremely overcooked and dry. The waitress was not around, so we ate the food anyway as we had theatre tickets and didn't want to waste more time reordering. All in all, we left feeling extremely displeased with the whole experience, and to top it off my wife got very sick later on that evening. I will certainly NOT be returning to Perigee, and I advise anyone considering it to go to Applebee's, as it will cost less and you'll get better service.

5  Thank GottaLoveGoodEats